Class of 2021 Applicants

On 7/7/2018 at 11:36 PM, JD2012 said:

So far my favorite thing didactic-wise has been that almost every class is on the same topic at about the same time. So physiology, Clinical pathophysiology, physical diagnosis, and anatomy have talked about the same topic at almost the same exact time. 

So recently it was caridiology. It was almost at the same time in each class, really helped with getting that information sticking in your brain and connecting the dots and applying that information in physical diagnosis. 

Cadaver labs are a huge help here. Its one thing to learn anatomy on paper but a whole dofferent ball game when its on a cadaver, especially if youre a visual learner like me. The other day we saw a cadaver with uterine/ovarian cancer, and to be able to touch and feel that is huge. Definitely feels like a privilege to do so. Not many programs are able to offer that to their students.

Classmates have been great for the most part and its been super refreshing to be amongst like-minded individuals, especially on an intellectual level. 

PA school is a whole different ball game, everyone is about helping each other, it isnt cutthroat like undergrad. Lastly, the information you learn here has been much more rewarding than undergrad. All of it is useful and doesnt feel like a waste of time.

I second this  ?.

Every aspect of the program has been amazing

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone! I received an email from Judy today saying that my application will be put on hold until my classes are all complete and I report back my grades. I graduate Fall 2018 so I won't have my final grades until December... does anyone know how long interviews go until and is it unrealistic to get in this round since I won't even be considered until then?

On 7/11/2018 at 10:51 PM, amh2021 said:

Hi everyone! I received an email from Judy today saying that my application will be put on hold until my classes are all complete and I report back my grades. I graduate Fall 2018 so I won't have my final grades until December... does anyone know how long interviews go until and is it unrealistic to get in this round since I won't even be considered until then?

not sure how long interviews go on for but I had the same issue. I sent Judy my grades as soon as I got them (December) and I was sent an invite shortly after and then accepted ? so you still have a chance of getting in

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, inspire said:

not sure how long interviews go on for but I had the same issue. I sent Judy my grades as soon as I got them (December) and I was sent an invite shortly after and then accepted ? so you still have a chance of getting in

Thank you so much! I was getting really worried that there was no hope haha

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My only guess is since we are on break now that quite possibly invites should be going out soon.  Again though this is only a guess. 

We will be going back to start Fall and the 2nd years begin their rotations on the 20th, so hopefully they get those invites out in the meantime.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marissajanel said:

As in you haven’t taken it yet or just waiting on your grade? I got an email awhile back to update her in December with my genetics grade so I’m trying to figure out if they’ll even consider me for an interview today! Lol

I haven’t started taking it yet! I start next week. I’m not sure how all that works because I thought you needed everything done to be considered. I didn’t expect to even hear back to be honest. Someone said to email Judy so that would be your best bet to find out!

2 minutes ago, PAtobe615 said:

I haven’t started taking it yet! I start next week. I’m not sure how all that works because I thought you needed everything done to be considered. I didn’t expect to even hear back to be honest. Someone said to email Judy so that would be your best bet to find out!

Thanks for your help! I didn’t expect to hear anything since I still had one not done and I know they give preference if everything is done. Thanks!!

Just got an interview email this morning as well and booked my flight!!! Interview date is for early oct.

Here are my stats for those who are interested:

cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.7

GRE:  verbal -- 158, quant -- 157, writing -- 5.0

2,200 hours as a CNA on an inpatient telemetry unit

1,300 hours (and counting) as a medical assistant at an urgent care clinic

~400 hours volunteering

Background in research, was an RA in college and did lots of student leadership

• Like 1