Class of 2021 Applicants

15 hours ago, Prepaguy23 said:

I’ll be applying here this cycle! Hopefully have my app out later next week

Good luck!  

There is a date that they send out supplemental emails to those that apply early. Don't quote me but last year's was June 1 or 2nd. 

Tip - If you applied to more than one Nova Campus, save your answers because the supplemental can be tedious. Lots of information to type in, including work history, volunteer history etc.. Since I had to apply to more than one cycle I had it saved on a word document, made things quicker and easier.

6 hours ago, DA1988 said:

Thanks for starting the thread, I submitted everything on May 10th. I have yet to receive any notification that it was received. Do any of you know how long that usually takes?

You can email Judy Dickman, but they send out supplementals usually around the 1st or 2nd of June. 

i submitted last year same time as you. 

Edited by JD2012

On 5/14/2018 at 5:45 PM, dulet94 said:

Do they accept any substitutions for the PA LOR requirement? I have an MD, NP,  and professor. 

I would contact Judy Dickman and see what she says. She will tell you straight up and be blunt if its accepted or not.  Generally though, it is good to have at least one PA for your LOR's but there have been applicants on this board who have been accepted without one, just cant say for sure for this program. It seems they have changed requirements a tad this cycle.

Edited by JD2012

On 5/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, DA1988 said:

Thanks so much. Are you currently in school or reapplying ?

Just started today at Nova Ft Lauderdale. Today was orientation so I dont know how often I will be able to come on here as the weeks pass and the load increases. but will try to help as much as possible.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:02 PM, JD2012 said:

Just started today at Nova Ft Lauderdale. Today was orientation so I dont know how often I will be able to come on here as the weeks pass and the load increases. but will try to help as much as possible.

Oh best of luck. That is a my target school so i am hoping to  join you next year. Ive met with Mrs. Dickman in the recent past and got great feedback regarding my application and my experience so hoping it translates to an interview and eventually an offer for a seat. Any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

23 hours ago, DA1988 said:

Oh best of luck. That is a my target school so i am hoping to  join you next year. Ive met with Mrs. Dickman in the recent past and got great feedback regarding my application and my experience so hoping it translates to an interview and eventually an offer for a seat. Any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

That's a very good sign that you've received positive input from her. She's very blunt with any inadequacies in your apps.

Just let me know if granted an interview and I can give you a feel for how the interviews are conducted. 

And thank you, I am going to need it! 

Edited by JD2012

18 hours ago, JD2012 said:

That's a very good sign that you've received positive input from her. She's very blunt with any inadequacies in your apps.

Just let me know if granted an interview and I can give you a feel for how the interviews are conducted. 

And thank you, I am going to need it! 

Will do! thanks again!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, marissajanel said:

May 14th. Didn’t receive supplemental until June 1st I believe and submitted it June 3/4 (can’t remember!) and they just personally called yesterday to say in 4-6 weeks i will have a decision! 

Wow awesome!! Good luck! I just got verified yesterday so fingers crossed 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NosotrosPuedos18

Hi guys! Did anyone get confirmation of receipt from any of the Novas? How long would you say is the interval of time between verification and confirmation of receipt/supplemental app?

7 hours ago, DaneS said:

JD2012, 

I was wondering if you could share your favorite thing about going to the NOVA Ft. Lauderdale PA program.

Thanks!

So far my favorite thing didactic-wise has been that almost every class is on the same topic at about the same time. So physiology, Clinical pathophysiology, physical diagnosis, and anatomy have talked about the same topic at almost the same exact time. 

So recently it was caridiology. It was almost at the same time in each class, really helped with getting that information sticking in your brain and connecting the dots and applying that information in physical diagnosis. 

Cadaver labs are a huge help here. Its one thing to learn anatomy on paper but a whole dofferent ball game when its on a cadaver, especially if youre a visual learner like me. The other day we saw a cadaver with uterine/ovarian cancer, and to be able to touch and feel that is huge. Definitely feels like a privilege to do so. Not many programs are able to offer that to their students.

Classmates have been great for the most part and its been super refreshing to be amongst like-minded individuals, especially on an intellectual level. 

PA school is a whole different ball game, everyone is about helping each other, it isnt cutthroat like undergrad. Lastly, the information you learn here has been much more rewarding than undergrad. All of it is useful and doesnt feel like a waste of time.

Edited by JD2012
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1