licenses and certifications

Hi! When inputing licenses into CASPA, it asks for the "issue date". I was wondering if I should put the date I first received the certification, or the date that I renewed my certification. I became a CNA in Oct. 2016, however I renewed my license in May of 2017, so technically the new issue date would be May I think.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

You can either treat it all as one license with initial issue and current expiration, or treat them separately and include the first one issue+expire, and the new one issue+expire. I don't think it really matters. I included some expired licenses in my CASPA just to show I had them in the past.

1 hour ago, Anachronist said:

You can either treat it all as one license with initial issue and current expiration, or treat them separately and include the first one issue+expire, and the new one issue+expire. I don't think it really matters. I included some expired licenses in my CASPA just to show I had them in the past.

That’s what I figured. I’m intending to just include it all as one seamless license but wanted to make sure that wasn’t the “wrong thing to do” for any reason. Thanks!! :)

48 minutes ago, Nikawl said:

That’s what I figured. I’m intending to just include it all as one seamless license but wanted to make sure that wasn’t the “wrong thing to do” for any reason. Thanks!! :)

None that I'm aware of. My impression at least was that for clearing the filters, GPA and GRE, the information is very standardized. After that, a real person is going to read your application, so as long as it makes sense to a "reasonable and prudent" person, then it should be fine. I would say include both the original and new one scanned together (preferably side by side on the same page) in the "supporting docs" section.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By tenaya14
      Hi all, new here! Thanks in advance for the help! 
      I'm under the impression that you aren't supposed to include experience that you received academic credit for in the experience section. If that is the case, why is there a "received academic credit" option to select for experiences?
      From my previous healthcare degree, I did a number of internships and a residency program that I received academic credit for but on my transcript, it just says "internship hours" or "practicum hours" and provides no detail about the experience.
      Can I list the details of the experiences (as they were electives and unique to me rather than my academic program) and check the "received academic credit" box?
      For example, I elected to do an internship in a hospital in China and an integrative medicine residency program at a US hospital, I was credited "hours" from my graduate program, but there is no mention of the experiences on the transcripts. If I don't list them under experience, neither will be visible on my application. Do I just talk about them in my personal statement? What would you do in this situation?
      In general, I feel like I could use some guidance navigating CASPA with my unusual background (I have a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) and am lacking access to an advisor . Any recommended resources? 
      THANK YOU!!
    • By MGracier
      CASPA failed to process my application before the deadline of October 1. They apparently had an issue processing the COVID—19 Transcript Delay Form. I checked in both through phone and email, and still, they failed to verify prior to the deadline. I submitted all material July. 
      has anyone else had this issue? 
    • By latinaPA
      I am a PA student in my didactic year and I would like to help out pre-PA's in anyway I can. 
      I know the CASPA has long opened, but if you need advice for next application cycle, or would like me to look over your CASPA application I would be happy too. I am willing to look over your personal statement as well and give back some extensive feedback for a small fee. I am a full time student struggling with loans. I would be happy to review your personal statement for $25. I can get it back to you in 4 weeks or less. For CASPA reviews, I can do it for $10 or both for $30. 
      Some stats about me: 
      Applied twice, first cycle I received 2 interviews, one waitlisted and one rejected. 
      Second cycle I received 3 interviews, 1 accepted and 2 waitlists.
      Science GPA: 3.2
      Overall GPA: 3.6
      PCE Hours: 2000+ 
      I majored in Biology with a minor in Spanish. 
      Thank you and good luck! 

• By Dlee9
      Hi there,
      I (27y/o) am making a career change from business to become a PA. I'm currently looking at possible positions for PCE. The only thing is that I'm currently making good money and I know I'll need to take a pay cut from where I'm at for these PCE jobs but I still need to be able to pay my bills. I can't quit my job to devote time to getting a cert that will take 1-2 years as I'm single and provide for myself. What kind of PCE jobs are out there that don't require a lot of time to get certified or require no certification at all that will pay well?
      Thanks in advanced.
    • By Brown
      Hi Friends,
      I'm trying to develop a bit more privacy than is the default on the PA Board website. In CA, is there a way to put your work address as the one on file, or would you have to get a PO box should you desire to not have your home address listed on a license search?
      Thanks much!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More