UND 2018/2019 Application

19 minutes ago, kettle said:

They will accept up to 35, 34 in my class, in regards to loss of attrition I'm not sure, the first 8 months are online besides the orientation week in May so I don't know those numbers. It is not for the faint of heart most study a minimum of 50 hours a week and many study more. Working is ill advised. Summer semester I only took one day away from the books

If I get accepted I did plan on quitting my full time job. I only work wkends but have been made aware of how much time I will be dedicating my life and studies to the program lol! Totally worth the 2 years considering how long I’ve been trying/waiting. May I ask how many schools did you apply/interview/times/offers? Since most of your didactic is done online, do you do most of your studying alone? Thanks for all your answers/advise!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will question your sanity at times there is no doubt about it. Even with an extensive background the majority of material will be new. 

I applied two cycles and once to UND, I didn't have my undergraduate done in time to apply the first time. First cycle 22 schools zero interviews. Second cycle nine schools and two interview offers but only interviewed at UND, it was my top choice being from rural MN.

I live near a few students and meet up on occasion and also study online with the schools interface similar to Skype with students that live aways away. We have live class online six hours a week 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, LegenWaitForItDary2 said:

@kettle I am scared of writing portion of the interview. I need time to think, and I feel like 25 mins will not be enough. Did you finish your essay on time and did it turn out the way you wanted? Also, when you were preparing for the writing portion of your interview, what kind of topic you focused on? Ethical? Personal?

http://www.physics.csbsju.edu/mcat/writing.html hope this helps ?

I didn't prepare to be honest, and no I'm not the kind of person that stuff comes easy to or I'm intelligent by any means. Focus on how you would right a short paper, that was the only thing I thought about a head of time. In regards to specifics we were asked to not share any additional details to others interviewing is what I was told during the interview process 

Archived