CASPA Application Cycle 2018-2019

2 minutes ago, pahopeful46 said:

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invitations? I did not apply until early Jan. so I know I am very late to the game but I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else had heard from them recently. Thanks!

Haven't heard anything. That seems to be a common theme for the university, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 1:06 AM, Ashleyn89 said:

Keep a look out for letters in the mail. I got my acceptance letter tonight, and I couldn’t be happier. Don’t lose hope guys! You’ve done everything that you can to get in, and now you just have to allow all of your hard work to pay off.

So happy for you! Do you think you will be attending LIU?  

2 hours ago, madhills1 said:

Congrats guys! I got my letter Friday too, I am having trouble finding the spot to pay the deposit on my account.. is anyone else having that problem?

I think when I made my deposit, I went to the “Make an E-Payment” button and from there it gave me the option to put down the deposit.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, Ashleyn89 said:

As of now yes. I’m gonna put down the deposit as soon as possible. What about you?

That’s awesome! Although I loved NY and LIU, I am going to be attending a PA program a little closer to home. It was a very tough decision, but I know it will be better for me in the long run and as corny as it sounds, it just felt right. I wish you all nothing but the best on your journeys! It was lovely to meet some of you at my interview and I appreciate all of your help the past couple of months! Good luck everyone! 😊

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, omh5031 said:

I got an interview invite today via email. They received my application August 29. 

However, I will be giving up my interview since I have already committed to another program. Hopefully that gives someone else a chance. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

What were the interview date options?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am new here. This is my first cycle applying to PA programs. I have applied since October 1st to LIU PA Program but still have not heard back from them yet. Seeing as how several interviews have gone out already and I have not received a response, should I consider this as a bad news type of situation (basically, a rejection)?

17 hours ago, Yvonne101 said:

Hello, I am new here. This is my first cycle applying to PA programs. I have applied since October 1st to LIU PA Program but still have not heard back from them yet. Seeing as how several interviews have gone out already and I have not received a response, should I consider this as a bad news type of situation (basically, a rejection)?

Hey! I am in the same boat as you. I called them last week and I asked if they were still giving out interviews and they said yes and that they would be continuing with them "through the spring". I have not heard back from them either though and it is getting pretty late in the cycle so I feel like they are most likely done with interviews. Hopefully I am wrong though and we both get one!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, pahopeful46 said:

Hey! I am in the same boat as you. I called them last week and I asked if they were still giving out interviews and they said yes and that they would be continuing with them "through the spring". I have not heard back from them either though and it is getting pretty late in the cycle so I feel like they are most likely done with interviews. Hopefully I am wrong though and we both get one!! 

Sorry for replying so late! I had gotten busy with exams and assignments. I still have not heard from them at this point....have you? If they are still interviewing, there might be hope but it seems rather bleak right now. I've been reading on other people's blogs or forums and it seems that if a interview hasn't been offered at this point, then it's most likely a rejection. But then there is always the occasional super late invitations too. One person has mentioned that he/she received an interview invite almost a week before the program began. I'm not sure whether to believe that though....