CASPA Application Cycle 2018-2019

I am going through my inbox right now and I don't think I received explicit confirmation that my app was received. I believe the first time I heard from them was 07/12 which was the interview invite. So I honestly wouldn't worry if you didn't receive a confirmation email because I can't seem to find one and I've been scanning my inbox for 10+ minutes! 

18 hours ago, californiahopefulpa said:

Thank you for looking. Do you know how many interview dates there are? 

No problem! They didn't mention any other interview dates to us but I really do think we were the only interview to occur over the summer. There were only like 20 people at my interview so there should still be a good amount of seats remaining! ? 

1 hour ago, auldinr said:

Oh wow! I didn't realize they started interviewing either. 

newyorkpa how was the interview? Was it pretty laid back and relaxed or more intense?

Thanks and congratulations!

Thank you so much! The interview was fairly relaxed. Of course, just being who I am as a person, I was pretty nervous but I didn't feel at all like I was being grilled or anything like that. Before I even got to the interview room 1/2 of my interviewers was casually chatting with me which really helped to ease my nerves. I also don't recall any of the questions being particularly shocking - seems like they just wanted to gauge your commitment to the profession and hear a little bit about your experiences. Overall it was a very fair and reasonable interview! ?  

On 8/22/2018 at 4:13 PM, newyorkpa said:

Hey everyone! I just received my acceptance call today (08/22). I was part of the 07/26 interview group. I am so happy I even started crying on the phone lol. If anybody has any questions regarding the process, please feel free to message me privately! Best of luck to everybody!! ? 

Congratulations! When did you submit your application? And do you know if they will interview applicants who haven't submitted GRE scores yet? Also, what would you say helped you most during the interview process? Congratulations again ?

I applied last cycle and submitted my application August 2017, and still haven't heard any response... Obviously I didn't get in, but still strange they haven't corresponded that information. With a stronger application this year I was hoping to hear something back once I reapplied, but after I submitted my application in June it's been quiet. Haven't received a confirmation email yet either!

Edited by agymnast

On 8/24/2018 at 7:28 PM, kitkat22 said:

Congratulations! When did you submit your application? And do you know if they will interview applicants who haven't submitted GRE scores yet? Also, what would you say helped you most during the interview process? Congratulations again ?

Thank you so much! According to CASPA, I submitted my application on June 26th. They didn't mention anything about interviewing/not interviewing based on GRE score submission, but everybody who I spoke to during the interview seemed to have submitted their scores. 

Regarding the interview process, I would just say being honest seemed to have helped me the most. I also tried not to answer any of their questions with a conventional response. They seemed to appreciate how candid and unique my responses were, rather than me trying to perfectly sculpt my responses to convey exactly what one would think they would want to hear. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! ? 

I just received an email saying that LIU has made a decision on my application status and that I would receive a letter in the next seven days. Is that a bad sign that I was denied? Did people that received interviews get them through the mail or email?

Edited by lfernan1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lfernan1 said:

I just received an email saying that LIU has made a decision on my application status and that I would receive a letter in the next seven days. Is that a bad sign that I was denied? Did people that received interviews get them through the mail or email?

I was wondering the exact same thing!

1 hour ago, lfernan1 said:

Hey! I received my interview invite via email but was told that my actual acceptance would be through regular mail. My interview was in the middle of the summer, however, so maybe they are just using a different system during the academic year to interview? I really hope so! Best of luck and please keep us all posted. 

16 hours ago, lfernan1 said:

I got the same email. Fingers crossed!

6 hours ago, agymnast said:

I got the same email. Fingers crossed!

Although i did not receive my letter yet, I have an inkling that it’s unfortunately a rejection letter. I was stalking old forums last night and I believe someone back in 2015 was sent the same email and ended up getting a rejection letter. Oh well ?

I got an email today that says “

Dear CASPA Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in LIU's PA Program.  Your CASPA application has been received and it is currently under review.  Thank you for your patience as we review your application.

Sincerely yours,

LIU PA Studies faculty and staff

open?upn=-2Fp2Zc-2FbULOCRhK-2FqZVuubQTfAanybody else get something similar?

Just now, SW2PA said:

Dear CASPA Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in LIU's PA Program.  Your CASPA application has been received and it is currently under review.  Thank you for your patience as we review your application.

Sincerely yours,

I did ?

4 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

Dear CASPA Applicant,

Sincerely yours,

Just recieved the same thing!

10 minutes ago, daydreamy said:

For those who received emails that your decision was being mailed, did you first receive an email that your application was under review? If so, how long did it take between the review email and the decision email?

I actually received the email yesterday that my decision update will come in the mail. And I received the application under review email today! Weird!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

Dear CASPA Applicant,

Sincerely yours,

I just received the same email!

10 hours ago, SW2PA said:

Dear CASPA Applicant,

Sincerely yours,

I just got that e-mail today, too! I hope something good is to come! ? Good luck everyone!