Hi!

Just wanted to start this for anyone who is looking to apply to Dominican Univeristy’s PA Program! I’m a current student in their program, so please let me know if you have any questions with applying!! 

Good luck!! 

• Like 1

Hey!! Are you familiar with how they'll conduct interviews this year? I got invited to the June 22nd interview today, and was told there's one group interview and one individual interview. Any suggestions on how to prepare for the group interview? Any specific content to focus on? Anything helps with it being only 11 days away  Thanks!

Congrats on the invite! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!
3.85 last 60 hrs, ~3.7 overall & 3.6 science
2,200 pch as both CNA in longterm facility & ICU nurse tech

Thank you for sharing! Did they indicate other interview dates available or just the option for June 22nd ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hmyer Congrats on the interview! I’ll be seeing you next Friday! For everything that day, don’t be nervous and just be yourself. It’s a day for the staff to get to know you better. They have seen your application and how you are on paper, but now they want to get to know you! Answer all the questions honestly. So, just be yourself and stay relaxed!! If you have any other questions, let me know! 

On 6/21/2018 at 12:32 PM, HOBBESthePA said:

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email or anything from Dominican? I haven't heard anything. 

Once my CASPA was verified, I received a confirmation email from them about 4 hours later saying that my app was under review. That was 6/28. 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:00 AM, futurePAeryka said:

I take the GRE on 6/19 and then I will be submitting! I'm very excited 🙂

Hey there! Wow, we took the GRE on the same day! Were you downtown too?! 🙂 

p.s: I turned in application 06/04 but GRE scores will go through this week so, will keep you guys updated if I hear anything! Congratulations to those who got the interview! How early did you guys apply if you don't mind sharing!

Submitted on 5/31.

Received an e-mail invitation for an interview on 7/13. If anyone has any insight or advice for the interview process it would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by summermorse

Also received an interview invite for 7/13!

CASPA verified on 6/15

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:50 AM, supersonic123 said:

Hey there! Wow, we took the GRE on the same day! Were you downtown too?! 🙂 

p.s: I turned in application 06/04 but GRE scores will go through this week so, will keep you guys updated if I hear anything! Congratulations to those who got the interview! How early did you guys apply if you don't mind sharing!

I actually took in Conshohocken, PA. Are you also from PA?

Of those who've been offered an interview is there anyone willing to share their stats? 

Has anyone submitted recently and did not receive a confirmation email from them? I was verified on 6/23 and haven't received any email from them.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:10 AM, niqbal4 said:

Of those who've been offered an interview is there anyone willing to share their stats? 

3.47 overall GPA, 3.39 sGPA

4,000+ patient care experience hours as a PCT and phlebotomist

GRE: V 152, Q 157, AW 4.5

100 hrs PA shadowing

Hope this helps! I applied here last year, with the same GPA, fewer patient care hours and a lower GRE and did not receive an interview 

• Upvote 1

I received an interview invite for July 20 as well! So excited because DU is my first choice!

Stats:

3.3 GPA for pre-req, science, and cumulative

GRE: 149 verbal, 157 quant, 4.0 writing

6900 hours of paid experience in mental health and as a surgical tech, 30 hours of PA shadowing

And I have a year of grad school doing pharmaceutical research.

Verified CASPA on July 2, app under review the same day, interview invite 7/11.

How were the interviews for those who have had them already? Is there something you wish you had prepared for? What was the best thing and the worst thing about your interview?! How does one prepare for the interview? Please share your experience If you'd like!

On 7/8/2018 at 12:13 PM, piperPAC18 said:

Has anyone submitted recently and did not receive a confirmation email from them? I was verified on 6/23 and haven't received any email from them.

I haven't received anything from them either and I was verified on 6/4. I left a voice mail for the admissions office last week but have not heard back.