Dominican 2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 8:18 PM, Mathiasfunke said:

Was accepted a while ago, apologies I just found this forum. If anyone has questions with finding housing, Ive been living in the city for five years now and have been on my share of apartment hunts. 

Feel free to to message me. 

I was accepted a couple weeks ago and just found this forum as well. Any suggestions of where to start looking for housing?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cgates812 said:

Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything?

After speaking to alot of people, I think majority of the people interviewed were put on wait list. Since the term starts in Spring, the people put on waitlist will find out in December if somebody got "bumped up" in the wait list and got the admission offer. Were you told if you were the top tier" or anything else, for waitlist?

On 4/28/2018 at 10:13 AM, rar22 said:

Hi!

Just wanted to start this for anyone who is looking to apply to Dominican Univeristy’s PA Program! I’m a current student in their program, so please let me know if you have any questions with applying!! 

Good luck!! 

Hello! I have a question, I am curious your thoughts on the tuition cost of Dominican. It is a newer program yet has a pretty steep cost. Is this ever discussed within the program? Do you think it is worth the cost of tuition?

57 minutes ago, lethe said:

Hello! I have a question, I am curious your thoughts on the tuition cost of Dominican. It is a newer program yet has a pretty steep cost. Is this ever discussed within the program? Do you think it is worth the cost of tuition?

Hi there! I’m from the class of 2018. The cost is pretty on par with a private Universit unfortunately. From the majority of PA’s I have met on clinical rotations as well as our own class, those of us requiring to take out students loans for cost of living and of the program will likely owe between $120-150K. Some of us are looking into the government loan reimbursement program where you save 50-80K after 10 years as long as you work for a non-for profit. Honestly most schools don’t vary much, I wouldn’t base your choice off of cost alone. Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I was just wondering if there was a facebook group for the class of 2020? I will be moving from NJ, so I am currently trying to figure out a place and roommate(s). Feel free to message me if anyone is in a similar situation or has tips. I look forward to meeting you all!

11 hours ago, nkn13 said:

Hi all!

I was just wondering if there was a facebook group for the class of 2020? I will be moving from NJ, so I am currently trying to figure out a place and roommate(s). Feel free to message me if anyone is in a similar situation or has tips. I look forward to meeting you all!

Hey! I don't know of any Facebook page for our class, but we could always make our own group right? Or does it have to be created by the university?

On 11/2/2018 at 10:09 AM, csilva96 said:

Hey! I don't know of any Facebook page for our class, but we could always make our own group right? Or does it have to be created by the university?

I was informed by a fellow classmate that the official class list is going to be finalized soon! I think we can make the fb page ourselves? I am not sure. 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:00 PM, Ek10111 said:

Hi there! I’m from the class of 2018. The cost is pretty on par with a private Universit unfortunately. From the majority of PA’s I have met on clinical rotations as well as our own class, those of us requiring to take out students loans for cost of living and of the program will likely owe between $120-150K. Some of us are looking into the government loan reimbursement program where you save 50-80K after 10 years as long as you work for a non-for profit. Honestly most schools don’t vary much, I wouldn’t base your choice off of cost alone. Hope that helps!

Question for any current students! I heard that PA students at Dominican take an exam mid-program that is supposed to be indicative of PANCE success rates. Does anyone know how the student body has performed on this exam?

Hi everyone!

Just to answer your question about Facebook, myself and another girl in the 2019 class started our Facebook group by ourselves and added people from there! You are more than welcome to start one yourself! Congrats on your acceptance and can't wait to meet all of you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me with anything!

Rachel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived