Dominican 2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so some people have an idea about timeline and numbers, at the interview last week they said that they are interviewing 80 people for 30 spots. I think we were the 2nd interview session and I’m assuming they’re having 5 sessions because there were 16 of us there. They said the last interview date was set for Sept 7 and that they hope to have the class set/people notified by end of Sept. 

On 7/15/2018 at 12:54 PM, supersonic123 said:

How were the interviews for those who have had them already? Is there something you wish you had prepared for? What was the best thing and the worst thing about your interview?! How does one prepare for the interview? Please share your experience If you'd like!

The interview was very relaxed. The staff was so welcoming and pretty laid back. Just be yourself! 

Congrats @summermorse and @jellybeans101, I was also accepted this past Tuesday as well. Looks like we'll be getting to know each other more in the near future if you both ultimately end up at Dominican!

GPA: 3.75

GRE: Quant - 154, Verbal - 150, Analytical - 5.0

PCH: ~ 2,800 as a CNA

Volunteer: 100

Shadowing: ~ 175 with 2 different PAs

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone else!

I was accepted this morning via phonecall!! (7/25) This is my second time applying and I'm so excited to start at DU!

CASPA submitted 6/30

Interview invite via email 7/11

Interview date 7/20

GPA: 3.33   Pre-req GPA: 3.85   GRE: Q165, V155, A5.0

PCH: ~8,000 as MA/scribe
Volunteer: ~1,000 hours   Shadowing: ~100 hours

For those of you still waiting/applying, I hope this helps and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I’m a current student at Dominican and just wanted to give a heads up that this Friday the 17th and September 7th are planned to be the last interview dates. Also, as of now 17 of the 30 seats are filled. So still a good shot if you are interviewing these last 2 dates! 

If if you have any questions, feel free to message me! 

Good luck! 

Hey all!

I was accepted a few weeks ago (7/17) and am very excited to begin! If anyone has any questions about my stats or anything else, feel free to reach out. 

Also, although this is a bit off-topic, does anyone have any suggestions regarding finding living accommodations during the program in the Chicago/River Forest area? If anyone else from out of state is also looking for housing, feel free to message me. 

Good luck everyone! 

1 minute ago, lorenzop95 said:

Hey all!

I was accepted a few weeks ago (7/17) and am very excited to begin! If anyone has any questions about my stats or anything else, feel free to reach out. 

Also, although this is a bit off-topic, does anyone have any suggestions regarding finding living accommodations during the program in the Chicago/River Forest area? If anyone else from out of state is also looking for housing, feel free to message me. 

Good luck everyone! 

stats pls!

On 8/11/2018 at 10:07 PM, lorenzop95 said:

Hey all!

Good luck everyone! 

Once you hear that you are accepted, how long do you have to decide? I'm a bit concerned since other school's interviews may not be taking place until later this year!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, lethe said:

Once you hear that you are accepted, how long do you have to decide? I'm a bit concerned since other school's interviews may not be taking place until later this year!

Thanks!

Once you hear that you are accepted, you have 1 week from the time you get the offer email to decide. 

4 hours ago, lorenzop95 said:

Once you hear that you are accepted, you have 1 week from the time you get the offer email to decide. 

Wow! That is very intense, so you pretty much have to rule out the possibility of any schools on a more traditional PA semester schedule.

15 hours ago, lethe said:

Wow! That is very intense, so you pretty much have to rule out the possibility of any schools on a more traditional PA semester schedule.

I think most programs are like that. You have to put in a deposit to hold your seat, and you forfeit the deposit if you decide to attend a different program. They try to help here by not requiring the full deposit, but just part of it up front. The full deposit is due by October so you have a little more time to see how things are going. 

2 hours ago, samspas said:

I think most programs are like that. You have to put in a deposit to hold your seat, and you forfeit the deposit if you decide to attend a different program. They try to help here by not requiring the full deposit, but just part of it up front. The full deposit is due by October so you have a little more time to see how things are going. 

That makes sense! Thanks for explaining it a bit more for me, I appreciate it.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, lorenzop95 said:

Hey all!

Good luck everyone! 

I found the accomodations on their website (if you have already checked it out, ignore this lol). Link to their housing options.

https://www.dom.edu/admission/graduate/health-sciences-programs/mmspas/housing-options

You should be able to find alot of housing in Chicago on Zillow but Chicago is atleast 35-40 minutes commute with traffic and if are wondering Chicago downtown, probably even worse. The school says 775$ for studios and apartments for ~ $1000. You should be able to find alot of apartments to share w/roomates in Chicago too for $500-600!

8 hours ago, supersonic123 said:

I found the accomodations on their website (if you have already checked it out, ignore this lol). Link to their housing options.

https://www.dom.edu/admission/graduate/health-sciences-programs/mmspas/housing-options

You should be able to find alot of housing in Chicago on Zillow but Chicago is atleast 35-40 minutes commute with traffic and if are wondering Chicago downtown, probably even worse. The school says 775$ for studios and apartments for ~ $1000. You should be able to find alot of apartments to share w/roomates in Chicago too for $500-600!

Thank you, I'll definitely check it out! 

11 hours ago, supersonic123 said:

Do you guys know the clinical sites for this school? I looked up everywhere on the website and can't find it.

The clinical sites can't be found on the website but I've been in contact with the program about that and I have a copy of them here. This is the current list of clinical sites. It may not be the same when the 2019 cohort does our clinical rotations next year. 

2-CURRENT CLINICAL SITES.docx

Archived