TX, RI, and VA trying a back door attempt to change OTP

On 4/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, jdtpac said:

2)      State law should not require a specific relationship between a PA, and physician, or any other entity MANDATE SPECIFIC DETAILS OF THE PRACTICE OF THE PA in order for a PA to practice to the full extent of their education, training and experience.

At the risk of having some former "medical officer" and others show up in my front yard (at their own risk) calling me out for being an apostate for questioning OTP, if the state laws don't mandate details of the practice of PAs....what the HELL should state laws do?  Give us total independent practice rights like physicians?  

• Administrator
16 hours ago, ArmyMedOfficerInNY said:

So which office does jdtpac represent?

Lets call out anyone opposing OTP movement like that guy PAs for OTP on facebook. Post the names of PA's and delegates and even their pics and call them out

Let's not take too seriously newbies who register for the apparent sole purpose of feces-agitation, shall we?

Unfortunately, it does appear that we're seeing an increased share of trolls in this arena, and by that I mean single-purpose accounts who show up just to dive in to political discussion with outlandish proposals like this.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Boatswain2PA said:

At the risk of having some former "medical officer" and others show up in my front yard (at their own risk) calling me out for being an apostate for questioning OTP, if the state laws don't mandate details of the practice of PAs....what the HELL should state laws do?  Give us total independent practice rights like physicians?  

Specific details is a key element of what's being mandated.  Scope of practice is usually (always?) mandated by law for every licensed medical profession, but in many cases the details are not.  The irony of that is that the proposed change could itself benefit from some more specific details...

Boats why you busting on medical officers? Someone has to fill out forms while I was practicing medicine. ?

I agree the devil is in the details. I'd like to see the details sorted out at the practice level with laws and regulations giving broad guidelines.

One of my issues with this current proposal has to do with my suspicions of the motivations. I admit I tend to be a bit more suspicious than most.... life experience ya know. However most of the folks behind this suggested modification were strongly opposed to OTP...period. One brought a physician to a state conference specifically to speak against OTP and lecture on how it would destroy the relationship between PA and physician. *sigh*

So I remain very guarded and would like all proposed changes to be clear in intent and motivation.

14 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

Boats why you busting on medical officers?

Just on one, who seems to be an exceptionally brave internet warrior, demanding we "call out" anyone who may possibly disagree with what the mob is demanding.  

15 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

One of my issues with this current proposal has to do with my suspicions of the motivations......However most of the folks behind this suggested modification were strongly opposed to OTP...period.

Agreed.  On the other hand, seems like many of the most vocal OTP proponents are actually for full independent practice rights.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Boatswain2PA said:

Just on one, who seems to be an exceptionally brave internet warrior, demanding we "call out" anyone who may possibly disagree with what the mob is demanding. 

... Whom I've already noted appears to be a recently-arrived troll, so I wouldn't trust the stated occupation.  I think this is actually one person who's pretended to be an NP and a PA before as well.

Archived