Surgical PA Schedule Structure

Surgical PAs! I'm curious to know how your schedules are structured. I'm hoping to gain insight on how similar practices operate and hopefully create a more efficient structure for my own group. 

I'm currently part of a hospital based neurosurgery group consisting of 7 PAs and 7 surgeons (when fully staffed, + 2 surgeons who are there part time). We also have a residency program. PA responsibilities include call (6a-6p), inpatient, clinic, and OR. We work 4 days a week with a rotating day off to keep us under/near 50 hours/week, and 1/8 Saturdays. We are, as a whole, looking for a more 1:1 relationship with a physician to improve continuity/sanity and gain autonomy by predominately working with one doc.

I have thought about how to accomplish this for hours upon hours, but run into significant road blocks each time. I'd love some fresh perspective! Thanks in advance.

Archived