In progress pre-reqs

Hey everyone! I hope someone out there can help.

I am planning to apply to NSU-Davie sometime in June. Here is my dilemma: I know that this location is generally deluged with apps and they say on the website that they will accept applications with 1 or 2 courses in progress, but I have read/heard they won't review your application until they're completed. I have not yet finished genetics. I have two options for taking it in the summer, with one university's summer semester ending in late July, and the other in late August.To make matters worse, the one that ends in July is double the cost of the one that ends in August...  :(

But anyway, does anyone think that an in progress course that ends in August is way too late? I would ask Judy, but she is out until Monday and I need to register asap. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, nikki386 said:

Hey everyone! I hope someone out there can help.

I am planning to apply to NSU-Davie sometime in June. Here is my dilemma: I know that this location is generally deluged with apps and they say on the website that they will accept applications with 1 or 2 courses in progress, but I have read/heard they won't review your application until they're completed. I have not yet finished genetics. I have two options for taking it in the summer, with one university's summer semester ending in late July, and the other in late August.To make matters worse, the one that ends in July is double the cost of the one that ends in August...  :(

But anyway, does anyone think that an in progress course that ends in August is way too late? I would ask Judy, but she is out until Monday and I need to register asap. Thanks!

I had the same problem last year. I don't know where you're looking to take your genetics, but I took mine online through the University of Phoenix. It was a 5 week course and was finished at the end of June so I was able to submit my application at the beginning of July, got offered a first round interview, and got accepted. If you want genetics to be calculated into your gpa I suggest taking the earlier one, but if not I think having it in progress is ok. I got my interview invite on August 1st last year so just keep that in mind if your course isn't over until sometime in August! 

Hope this helps! Goodluck :) 

4 hours ago, alb289 said:

I had the same problem last year. I don't know where you're looking to take your genetics, but I took mine online through the University of Phoenix. It was a 5 week course and was finished at the end of June so I was able to submit my application at the beginning of July, got offered a first round interview, and got accepted. If you want genetics to be calculated into your gpa I suggest taking the earlier one, but if not I think having it in progress is ok. I got my interview invite on August 1st last year so just keep that in mind if your course isn't over until sometime in August! 

Hope this helps! Goodluck :) 

Thank you for the reply! And congrats on your acceptance! I was looking into UC-San Diego or UC-Berkeley Extension. I thought about University of Phoenix, but was concerned about the credits and reputation, etc. I suppose it's not much of a problem after all. Were you able to register at any time, or were there deadlines for registration?

12 hours ago, nikki386 said:

Thank you for the reply! And congrats on your acceptance! I was looking into UC-San Diego or UC-Berkeley Extension. I thought about University of Phoenix, but was concerned about the credits and reputation, etc. I suppose it's not much of a problem after all. Were you able to register at any time, or were there deadlines for registration?

I was concerned about those things too but I called Judy last year and asked her. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask her just to make sure again. I can't remember if there was a deadline or not but I'm pretty sure it started May 2nd so I would register ASAP if you're considering it. I called them at University of Phoenix and they were super helpful with registering and everything. I think the University of New England also has an online one thats done earlier but they were a little more expensive.  

Archived