Documenting Athletic Training undergraduate clinical hours

Hello,

I am currently reapplying for the third time, and have a question regarding the updated description for health care experience under CASPA's experience section. I completed 1400+ hours of clinical experience as an Athletic Training student during my undergrad that required hands on work with athletes (patients) using skills learned within our program. A description provided by the school for these hours states:

Clinical Practicum course hours are designed to assess student competency and proficiency in the psychomotor skills determined by the NATA Educational Council. The proficiencies address the areas of risk management and injury prevention, assessment and evaluation, acute care, pharmacology, therapeutic modalities, therapeutic exercise, general medical conditions and disabilities, psychosocial intervention/referral, health-care administration  and professional development.

I am planning to use this exact statement for the Description/Key Responsibilities portion of the experience document. In the past, individual programs have told me that these hours do in fact qualify as healthcare experience, even though it was completed during the educational portion of the program. I am curious if this is a sufficient description of my responsibilities, or if I should expand upon the exact skills or aspects I performed during my patient interactions.

Thank you for any insight on this topic

Man, I don't know what to tell you but don't copy and paste your programs description. I wish I could better articulate why that is a horrible idea but the verbology eludes me. You said this is your 3rd round, what have you been doing in your two years since undergrad? That likely matters much more. 

Archived