UF 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

6 minutes ago, olivialee said:

I interviewed August 27 and 28 and I logged in to my portal after my interview and the status of my application says "received" and there is a green check mark above it. I believe as long as it says received then they have your application. There does not seem to be a status on the portal for "secondary review". 

Thank you so much Olivia! I had seen before this portal opened that there were "secondary committee" review emails sent, hence my concern. I only applied the end of July, so I know that there are 3 months of applications ahead of me. Here's hoping I get that interview invite soon!

Best wishes to you! ?

• Upvote 1

Did not get a link to the portal although I did interview already. Maybe I deleted it?

Thank you so much Olivia! I had seen before this portal opened that there were "secondary committee" review emails sent, hence my concern. I only applied the end of July, so I know that there are 3 months of applications ahead of me. Here's hoping I get that interview invite soon!

Best wishes to you! [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, HMB said:

Best wishes to you! ?

I was under the impression that the portal was only for the secondary application to the grad school and does not have much to do with our PA CASPA stuff. I could be wrong, but I haven't been worrying about it too much

Jchen.... sounds like it's nothing really to worry about for you since you've already interviewed. Although then again, I am not sure if this is how they "notify" you of an acceptance or denial. 

Natalie.... now that I've seen all these responses about this portal this morning, my mind is much more at ease. I'm with you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amar314 said:

How do you know?

I interviewed yesterday. It seemed as though they just recently finalized their decision to implement CASPer, so they were still in the process of figuring things out. She did say that she would be emailing everyone with information about it, and they also said that they will be covering the costs for the test as well (since they did not give applicants a heads-up)! Good luck to you this cycle.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AspiringPA15 said:

I interviewed yesterday. It seemed as though they just recently finalized their decision to implement CASPer, so they were still in the process of figuring things out. She did say that she would be emailing everyone with information about it, and they also said that they will be covering the costs for the test as well (since they did not give applicants a heads-up)! Good luck to you this cycle.

Awesome. Thanks for the info!! Best of luck to you as well. Let’s hope we are classmates!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sarah1 said:

Under the web link to check status, there is now all my previous colleges and has "optional" status for uploading transcripts. Does anyone else have this or have uploaded theirs? Should I upload all transcripts being that they are already in CASPA.

I was wondering the same thing! Or really what this meant..... does anyone have any insight?

On 9/20/2018 at 7:34 PM, swimmingcat1234 said:

I emailed Ms. Kays today about the CASPr exam. I will update everyone when she responds. I am sure is going to send us a link for the test. The entire program is very professional and does things with most integrity, but I will still make sure you are all updated. 

Has she responded yet? 

I emailed Ms. Kays yesterday and she said they were finalizing the CASPer process, but according to her Director they should have it done by the end of the week. From there they will send us the information on completing the testing! 
It seems that there have been technical issues on the back end that are causing delays.

My advice is to not fret too much about this step. I think they realize this was a late addition to the process. Complete the test when the time comes if you are still waiting for an interview invite.

In many ways this is a pilot for the program and they are still working out how to integrate it into the process and how it will factor into the decision making process. Next year they will have the kinks out and it will be much smoother.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 9/20/2018 at 7:34 PM, swimmingcat1234 said:

I emailed Ms. Kays today about the CASPr exam. I will update everyone when she responds. I am sure is going to send us a link for the test. The entire program is very professional and does things with most integrity, but I will still make sure you are all updated. 

Anyone know if we should still be expecting decisions by end of October for those of us who already interviewed? Or is everyone pretty much on the December decisions now because of the delay?

• Upvote 1

Anyone know if we should still be expecting decisions by end of October for those of us who already interviewed? Or is everyone pretty much on the December decisions now because of the delay?
In the past, most applicants receive a decision in December before the holiday break. I haven't heard that this has changed (unless they have told you differently).

Of course, there is a small minority that receive decisions within days, but that is not common.

Many years ago, they did push out a group of decisions in October, but they seem to have moved away from this in past years.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk