UF 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

16 hours ago, happygal314 said:

Any benefit to getting an earlier interview date or it really doesn't matter?

In the case of UF it does not matter.  Even when the final interview group arrives and let's say there are 25 people, there are still enough spots to accept them all.  

As each group interviews they will inform the standouts from each group of their acceptance usually the Friday of the same week. Then, the rest who are accepted/denied/waitlisted should be notified weeks after the final group interviews some time in December. 

Edited by JD2012
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The interview process was relaxing more than anything. The faculty don't ask you puzzling or nerve racking by any means. The interviewers I talked with wanted to get to know me better - specifically things I mentioned in my narrative. Enjoy the process and get to know your potential future classmates. The program is hospitable and very impressive! Good luck to all those still interviewing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ilenemorgan28 said:

How was it?

It was awesome! Very relaxed setting, you got to get to know the interviewees, students, and faculty very well the first day. They also do a great job explaining the program. First day is orientation with a group activity and writing session mixed in there. The second day is solely for interviews with three different people.

• Like 1

I received an email today to my Gmail spam folder (glad I checked it) stating the following:

"
In order to better serve applicants, the University of Florida is moving to a new and improved application processing system. We have converted your application to the new system which includes a new application status portal. We are currently working through all converted applications to ensure that all documents have been appropriately moved into the new system. Please allow 7-10 business days for us to update your status page.

Important information regarding your status, submitted materials, and your UFID number can be found at your Application Status Page. You can set up your Applicant Status Page using the following credentials."

I received one other email from UF a while ago confirming that they received my application, and it went to my regular inbox, not my spam folder, so check you spam folders guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Spotty said:

I received an email today to my Gmail spam folder (glad I checked it) stating the following:

"
In order to better serve applicants, the University of Florida is moving to a new and improved application processing system. We have converted your application to the new system which includes a new application status portal. We are currently working through all converted applications to ensure that all documents have been appropriately moved into the new system. Please allow 7-10 business days for us to update your status page.

Important information regarding your status, submitted materials, and your UFID number can be found at your Application Status Page. You can set up your Applicant Status Page using the following credentials."

I received one other email from UF a while ago confirming that they received my application, and it went to my regular inbox, not my spam folder, so check you spam folders guys!

WOW! thank you! I found it in my spam folder as well!

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, olivialee said:

It was awesome! Very relaxed setting, you got to get to know the interviewees, students, and faculty very well the first day. They also do a great job explaining the program. First day is orientation with a group activity and writing session mixed in there. The second day is solely for interviews with three different people.

Awesome! How intimidating were the interviews haha

On 9/5/2018 at 6:01 PM, Spotty said:

"

What does it mean?

Jchen.... I've been using the link that they sent to me directly because it's individualized. 

So I received an email in July stating that my application was received, then I received this portal email. I've checked it, and my application still hasn't been sent to the secondary review committee (it just still says received). Does anyone know the time frame? 

15 minutes ago, HMB said:

Jchen.... I've been using the link that they sent to me directly because it's individualized. 

So I received an email in July stating that my application was received, then I received this portal email. I've checked it, and my application still hasn't been sent to the secondary review committee (it just still says received). Does anyone know the time frame? 

I interviewed August 27 and 28 and I logged in to my portal after my interview and the status of my application says "received" and there is a green check mark above it. I believe as long as it says received then they have your application. There does not seem to be a status on the portal for "secondary review".