UF 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

18 hours ago, 1walnut said:

I applied in July and haven't been informed of anything yet ( no secondary eval or II).. Just wondering if anyone was in the same boat.. 

Same boat! I think my application was complete August 3rd, nothing since. I'm not sure there are any upcoming interview sessions at this point, so it's hard to not give up hope.

2 hours ago, RadTechS said:

Same boat! I think my application was complete August 3rd, nothing since. I'm not sure there are any upcoming interview sessions at this point, so it's hard to not give up hope.

I emailed them I applied in late July and haven’t heard back so I emailed and they responded with. 

Our Admissions Committee is still diligently reviewing a total of over 1,400 applications we received this year. We will contact you December-January by email through CASPA. Thank you for your patience.

• Upvote 2

The last scheduled interviews were the week of November 27.

They always state that they can hold additional interviews. However, with the high caliber of interviewees and how competitive the process is, this is highly unlikely, and I haven't heard of it happening for at least 8 years, if not longer.

Right now they are focused on finalizing the class and wait lists before winter break. Everyone should receive some sort of response by January.

If you didn't get accepted this time around and UF is where you want to go, please reapply. Reapplications are seen highly, especially if you took the time to keep growing, take additional coursework, and add new skills or experiences. Furthermore, I encourage you to contact the program in the Spring to see how you can improve your application.

For those of you on the wait list, know that while it's a tough spot to be in, you interviewed well and held your own amongst 1400 candidates. I can't stress how competitive this process is and difficult it is for the AdCom to decide between those who interviewed.

How many persons on the wait list get called for a spot in the class varies wildly each year and calls go out sometimes up to the week before the program begins. Furthermore, they traditionally have not disclosed where each person is on the list.

I wish everyone all the best on their PA journey. It is long, sometimes frustrating, but it's worth it, I promise. Don't lose focus on your goal and don't let the application process get to you.

Please post any questions you may have between now and the next cycle. I'm happy to help however I can.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, PAApp55 said:

I interviewed in October but haven't heard anything back yet. I am registered to take the casper test on the 12/12 date, do you think the casper test is the reason why I haven't heard back yet?

No, I don't think so. I interviewed and completed the casper in October and I haven't heard anything yet either 😞

cGPA: 3.95, sGPA: 3.97, GRE: 160 V, 159 Q, 4.5 AW, PCE: 8,500 hours as an x-ray tech, 350 as a phlebotomist, HCE: ~1000 hours as a pharmacy tech, research experience with publications.

Denied without interview. Ouch. Apply early, folks.

Good luck to those who have been accepted and those still in the running!

Edited by RadTechS
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RadTechS said:

cGPA: 3.95, sGPA: 3.97, GRE: 160 V, 159 Q, 4.5 AW, PCE: 8,500 hours as an x-ray tech, 350 as a phlebotomist, HCE: ~1000 hours as a pharmacy tech, research experience with publications.

Denied without interview. Ouch. Apply early, folks.

Good luck to those who have been accepted and those still in the running!

I have similar stats and got a rejection email yesterday. I submitted my application July 30th. I was thankfully accepted to my first choice.

Congrats to those who got in! 

• Upvote 1

cGPA: 3.8; bcpGPA: 3.9; GRE: 328 (v166/q162/w5.0); PCE: 1748 hours as a hospital tech EMT/CNA; 80 hours shadowing 2x PA's; fully bilingual; 2nd career hispanic/caucasian male applicant with a non-science master's and straight A's in all pre-reqs + orgo and genetics

Applied late July, interviewed October, rejected yesterday by email.

1 of my 3 recommendations turned out to be a dud; I think the unit manager I asked to write it may have been mad that I left her unit to go back to school. I wish she would have warned me off. I worked my toosh off in that unit, and she was cheerful and positive when I asked her to write a recommendation. Or more likely, she was just too busy to write much.

I may also have blown the interviews. All 3 of my interviewers were wonderful people, a true pleasure to speak with. I was even lucky enough to sit with Mrs. P. Wow, what an amazing person. I can certainly understand why people are intimidated by her, but I liked her very much. But I was so nervous, that I felt afterwards that I hadn't communicated well who I was. I never felt good about my chances after the interviews.

Sincere congratulations to the accepted class! You must be so proud, and I feel excited for you. May you learn well and serve your patients effectively. Perhaps one day we will work together 🙂

My heart also goes out to those of you who are as sad as I am right now. If you interviewed ... hey, at least we got a sweet UF pen and microfiber cloth. I'm gonna go wipe my glasses with the cloth and cry myself to sleep holding the pen.

j/k. Seriously, it's ok. Most of you will get in somewhere else, I imagine. Me, I was all in on UF, so I'll be going back to UCF to take some more courses and try again next year. Roll with the punches, get back up and back to work, no?

Cheers 🙂

NT

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, NickT said:

cGPA: 3.8; bcpGPA: 3.9; GRE: 328 (v166/q162/w5.0); PCE: 1748 hours as a hospital tech EMT/CNA; 80 hours shadowing 2x PA's; fully bilingual; 2nd career hispanic/caucasian male applicant with a non-science master's and straight A's in all pre-reqs + orgo and genetics

Applied late July, interviewed October, rejected yesterday by email.

1 of my 3 recommendations turned out to be a dud; I think the unit manager I asked to write it may have been mad that I left her unit to go back to school. I wish she would have warned me off. I worked my toosh off in that unit, and she was cheerful and positive when I asked her to write a recommendation. Or more likely, she was just too busy to write much.

I may also have blown the interviews. All 3 of my interviewers were wonderful people, a true pleasure to speak with. I was even lucky enough to sit with Mrs. P. Wow, what an amazing person. I can certainly understand why people are intimidated by her, but I liked her very much. But I was so nervous, that I felt afterwards that I hadn't communicated well who I was. I never felt good about my chances after the interviews.

Sincere congratulations to the accepted class! You must be so proud, and I feel excited for you. May you learn well and serve your patients effectively. Perhaps one day we will work together 🙂

My heart also goes out to those of you who are as sad as I am right now. If you interviewed ... hey, at least we got a sweet UF pen and microfiber cloth. I'm gonna go wipe my glasses with the cloth and cry myself to sleep holding the pen.

j/k. Seriously, it's ok. Most of you will get in somewhere else, I imagine. Me, I was all in on UF, so I'll be going back to UCF to take some more courses and try again next year. Roll with the punches, get back up and back to work, no?

Cheers 🙂

NT

I will also be reapplying next cycle and will work on improving my application. But, go Knights!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Godhelpful said:

When will they inform students on the alternate list of their admissions.  I have to make a payment next week.  Ancious for the info

Unfortunately, there is no set date. Calls go out when there is an open spot as a result of an accepted student deciding to go elsewhere. 

Waiting is rough, but remember the goal is to become a PA. So unless there is a critical reason for holding out for UF, I'd go with the sure path. Once you're in, it's only a matter of time and effort before you become a PA. 

All the best! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...