UF 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

16 hours ago, GreatChecko said:

In the past, most applicants receive a decision in December before the holiday break. I haven't heard that this has changed (unless they have told you differently).

Of course, there is a small minority that receive decisions within days, but that is not common.

Many years ago, they did push out a group of decisions in October, but they seem to have moved away from this in past years.

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks! We were told during interviews that some people would receive decisions at the end of October. This was before all the CASPr delay though. 

3 hours ago, amar314 said:

Thanks! We were told during interviews that some people would receive decisions at the end of October. This was before all the CASPr delay though. 

Good to hear it! Six years ago, I received my offer in October and it was quite nice. Now, keep in mind that they do hold spots open until the end too keep things fair for the later interviewees. Furthermore, the number of immediate admit offers extended will affect this number. Therefore,  this is quite dynamic and the great majority will still get a final decision in December. 

It appears that those who already interviewed did not get an email about CASPr. Thus, I wouldn't worry about it if you're just waiting for a decision.

We won't see exactly how CASPr will factor in until next year when it is integrated into the process from the beginning.  It will likely be another data point used to help sift through the incredible number of applications received. 

I know everyone is nervously waiting, hang in there!

Go Gators!

Edited by GreatChecko
CASPr invites do not appear to have been sent to those who already interviewed
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PAtobe615 said:

I have already interviewed and have not received anything about the CASPer test. Can anyone else who interviewed let me know if/when they have received the email?

I haven't received it yet and I interviewed already. I am pretty sure they haven't sent out any emails yet so don't worry! Best of luck to you though.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I'm interviewing next week. I was wondering if anyone brought parents to the Orientation Day, or if it was strictly significant orthers/spouses? If anyone who has already interviewed or is planning on bringing a guest could let me know, that would be great!

Congratulations on the interview!

It depends on what you're comfortable with. I know that in the past people have brought a parent or their SO for the orientation day and the dinner (if we haven't said it enough, go to the dinner!).

That being said, I'd recommend just yourself for the interview day. Otherwise, your parent or SO will just sit in the lobby of the building for half a day.

3 hours ago, GreatChecko said:

Congratulations on the interview!

It depends on what you're comfortable with. I know that in the past people have brought a parent or their SO for the orientation day and the dinner (if we haven't said it enough, go to the dinner!).

That being said, I'd recommend just yourself for the interview day. Otherwise, your parent or SO will just sit in the lobby of the building for half a day.

Okay, this helps!  I was definitely planning on going solo for the interview day, but was unsure the type of guest that people bring on the orientation day.  Thanks for the advice!

On 10/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, katewhiteshark said:

Okay, this helps!  I was definitely planning on going solo for the interview day, but was unsure the type of guest that people bring on the orientation day.  Thanks for the advice!

A girl in my interview group brought her mom, and it wasn't weird at all! I say go for it because the orientation day is super long!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, katewhiteshark said:

Thanks!  I appreciate it.  Did you go alone or did you bring a guest?

I personally did not, but 2 people in my group brought someone (out of 21). As suggested above, definitely take advantage of it. I would recommend though that you make sure that you are consistently interacting with the other applicants throughout the day. From what I could gauge, you are always being "watched" or observed indirectly on how you interact with others during the orientation day (just to see if you would be a good fit (socially) for the program). Best of luck to you!

1 hour ago, Phoenixfire24 said:

My initial review was on at least four to five weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything about a second review, interview, or rejection. Is anyone in the same boat? 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. My application was sent for second review, however, I haven't heard anything back regarding an interview or rejection. 

1 hour ago, Jchen14 said:

Just received an email this morning regarding the CASPer.

In essence, the committee is NOT taking the test into consideration this year when they rank potential candidates; however, everyone that is interviewing or has interviewed is required to take the test. 

Same! I’m slightly confused by this decision though. Like if you’re not gonna use it to make your decisions why require us to take it ?

3 minutes ago, SoonToBePAC said:

Same! I’m slightly confused by this decision though. Like if you’re not gonna use it to make your decisions why require us to take it ?

From what I can gauge, they are going to use the results from our CASPer tests in order to get an idea of what score should be acceptable in subsequent years, if that makes sense. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. At least they are paying for it, right?! ? 

• Upvote 1

Just received a call about an interview. Won't be able to go until the very last one in late November because of work and other interviews. Hoping I am not making a mistake by choosing the last one, but it sounds like they do a modified rolling admissions and will have plenty of seats still available at the last interview. 

Good luck to everyone and hope to meet some of you along the way. Coming in from Dallas. 

Just now, SteveyTX said:

Just received a call about an interview. Won't be able to go until the very last one in late November because of work and other interviews. Hoping I am not making a mistake by choosing the last one, but it sounds like they do a modified rolling admissions and will have plenty of seats still available at the last interview. 

Good luck to everyone and hope to meet some of you along the way. Coming in from Dallas. 

People are accepted from every interview group. Go in with a good attitude and you'll have as good of a shot as everyone else.

All the best!