Submitted: 6/18

Verified: 6/25

Initial Review: 6/27

Second Review: 7/2

Hopefully, we'll hear some calls later this month! *Fingers crossed*

what did your second review email say? if you dont mind me asking

4 minutes ago, danic711 said:

what did your second review email say? if you dont mind me asking

"We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review."

Then it has friendly reminders about finishing outstanding coursework, having all required documents, etc.

6 minutes ago, SeanC17 said:

If that was the second review email, what did the initial review say?

I think that IS the initial review email. Thats why I am a little confused, I know everyone is saying it's the second but it seems to me like thats the first because its the only one I received

7 minutes ago, danic711 said:

I think that IS the initial review email. Thats why I am a little confused, I know everyone is saying it's the second but it seems to me like thats the first because its the only one I received

If that's the initial one, then why would it say it's been forwarded to the admissions committee? Isn't that the second step after they've received it?

Edited by MW2017

The AdCom is the "second level review," meaning you made it through whatever filter they are applying, because they make the decision as to whom they want to extend an invite for an interview.

It's possible that they are only sending an initial rejection email OR the forwarding to AdCom email this year. Thus, the confusion.

The process generally goes like this:

CASPA Received + Supplemental Received > Admission staff review (completeness, minimum requirements, etc) > AdCom Review and decision to invite > Interview > immediate calls vs hold to review > Final decisions In December-ish (Admit/Wait List/Try again next year).

"First level" would be the admission staff review.

I'll see what I can confirm. The new class just started and everyone is busy focusing on them (and rightly so!)

At the end of the day, the AdCom is looking at your packet. You're one step closer, congratulations! Now, hang in there!

All the best!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I received the second level evaluation email this morning. It states:

“The Admissions Committee has completed their inital review of your application and it has been forwarded for second level evaluation by members of the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview this cycle. 

CASPA Verified - 5/22

Initial Review - 5/29

Second Review (AdCom) - 7/3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, Anachronist said:

Welcome everyone,

With CASPA opening tomorrow I thought I would get this thread started so that any applicants have a place for their questions and to communicate with one another.

The University of Florida PA program is a highly regarded and long standing. It also benefits from its close association with UF’s medical school and from those resources. From my own experience visiting the campus it was amazing. If you are offered an interview I would strongly encourage you to take the opportunity to see what UF has to offer.

There are many alumni and current students who frequent this forum and may be able to help answer questions. GreatChecko in the past has offered excellent information and hopefully will stick around for this cycle as well.

I’ve compiled a short list of common questions from last cycle’s thread that should still be helpful for this year’s applicants too. (Keep that in mind, this information is based on last year’s thread and is not official or endorsed by UF in any way shape or form).

1 – Apply early! UF gives preference for interview selection to applicants who submit their application and all supporting materials before August 1st. (Source)

2 – Based on last year’s thread, those who do apply early have their applications placed in secondary review more quickly and are offered interviews more quickly; as the applications start rolling in, the process slows down considerably.

3 – Application submission confirmation, initial review, and secondary review progress are notified via email. Interviews are offered via a phone call and email and seem to begin around late June and early July all the way into the fall.

4 – If you are offered an interview, the timing isn’t suppose to matter, there are enough seats available for everyone being interviewed to be accepted. Interviews begin late August to early September and are suppose to end around late November, but last cycle were stretched into December due to hurricane delays.

5 – Rejections w/o interview are sent via email and may be at any time during the application cycle. After the interviews you may be notified of acceptance anywhere from the same week that you interviewed until mid December when “final decisions” are made and apparently the majority of acceptances are sent out (so if you don’t hear back right away, don’t panic!). It is also my understanding that mid December is when rejections after having an interview are sent out.

6 – If you are offered an interview, part of it includes an informal dinner with students (no faculty). I would strongly encourage attending as you get the chance to speak with students candidly and it also helps ease the nerves some before the actual interviews the next day.

7 – Last cycle, the whole interview process was potentially 3 days long (Mon-Wed). The first day is a tour and orientation, and the second and third days are the proper interviews. Interviewees are asked their preference for the interview on Tues or Wed. Out of town interviewees are given preference for Tues interviews. So you may only be there Mon and Tues. If you ask for a Wed interview, then you have a day off to explore Gainesville and tour the whole UF campus if you like. Once your interview is completed, you are free to go.

I hope that all helped and didn’t go overboard too much!

Good luck to all the applicants and re-applicants!

UF School of Physician Assistant Studies: https://pap.med.ufl.edu/

Florida Pre-PA FaceBook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLPrePA/

P.S. If it becomes apparent that any of the information I provided is no longer accurate, please PM me and I'll remove it, thanks.

If i just started another shadowing experience should I email them and update them about it? When I submitted my application I had about 300 shadowing hours but this one is in the ER. Do you have any advice on how to go about that?

If i just started another shadowing experience should I email them and update them about it? When I submitted my application I had about 300 shadowing hours but this one is in the ER. Do you have any advice on how to go about that?
Updates are a good idea. Now keep in mind that any experience listed as ongoing on your caspa application will be calculated on your profile as if it continued until you begin the program next year. In other words, when they look at your app it will show the hours you would accrue until April/May of next year as your HCE. Thus, those do not need to be updated. However, new experiences, grades, etc. can be updated.

Email the main admissions contact listed on the website and they will update your profile.

[mention=147332]SoonToBePAC[/mention] I got that email this morning as well! The email also asked for the daily course schedule, which I'm currently emailing my professors about.. Do you think the syllabus is enough?
When I was asked for a description of a couple courses I took. I sent the official college course description. However, a syllabus would more than suffice.