I sent my personal statement essay to two services - myPAresource.com and pamentoronline.com

'myPAresource' absolutely loved my essay and said it was strong.

'pamentoronline' gave me harsh criticism on all my paragraphs and its content.

I am not sure which to trust and I am not sure how the criticism from pamentoronline really holds true. His criticism was very in depth. Some points seem valid but at the same time I feel like it's too in depth to the point that do admissions comittee really read and scan your essay then critique it bit by bit? Has anyone used pamentoronline or myPAresource? I'm not sure what to do now. CASPA opens in a few days.

I’ll give it a quick look over if you like. I’m no expert but my background is in writing. I understand how difficult it is to get conflicting information, especially after you’ve paid for those services. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KaBax said:

I’ll give it a quick look over if you like. I’m no expert but my background is in writing. I understand how difficult it is to get conflicting information, especially after you’ve paid for those services. 

Thank you. I will PM you.

I used the PALife's editing service and they were awesome! Huge thing about them is they took out the useless stuff and made me focus on my experiences with PA's from shadowing and work and on my attributes gained from working in a clinical setting.  They also know what adcoms are looking for.

51 minutes ago, JD2012 said:

I used the PALife's editing service and they were awesome! Huge thing about them is they took out the useless stuff and made me focus on my experiences with PA's from shadowing and work and on my attributes gained from working in a clinical setting.  They also know what adcoms are looking for.

I will look into them. Thank you!

I used myPAresource and I thought their service was very helpful. The editor gave me a lot of feedback and tips that I used in revising my PS. After making my revisions, I was given $20 off to send it back to them for one final read through. 

I wouldn’t mind reading yours and giving feedback if you’re still looking for other opinions, let me know! 

I wanted essay to be 100% original without any trace of copy-paste. The Uni Tutor followed my request and proceeded the material as I wanted. As well, my paper consisted of needed info and facts I also had mentioned to the writer.

Edited by MaggieMay3

3 hours ago, MaggieMay3 said:

The worry would be that what the service has written has been used before and therefore can be spotted.

As the service has no way of proving this it is risky.

This isn’t how these personal statement editing services work.

They don’t write your essay for you. You submit your work and they edit what you have written to make your ideas more clear and concise. They may also make thematic suggestion and help you to develop your ideas.  

It’s the same as having peers and professors edit your essay. In this case the service specializes in personal statements and you’re paying for timeliness, a degree of expertise and familiarity with the profession. 

• Upvote 1