Repeated coursework?

Hey, everyone! 

I am planning to apply to PA school this cycle. However, I've recently stumbled over something. I received a C- in Genetics at the university I graduated from, and I also got a C- in Bio I my sophomore year of college (it was a bad semester). I've done very well in other science courses outside of these. I decided to retake these courses at a community college. On the CASPA website, it says that they do not count courses taken at another institution as repeated. Does that mean that my Bio I and Genetics taken at CC will not count at all towards the pre-req requirements at all? 

I am so worried, as I have prepared everything for this cycle. Let me know if you guys know! 

Hey! So it will count towards the pre-req requirements regardless, some  schools only care that you made a C or higher whether it was your first attempt or second attempt and some schools average the 2 of them! CASPA just means that it won't do a repeat to replace! 

Good Luck!!

8 hours ago, Krissyd said:

Hey! So it will count towards the pre-req requirements regardless, some  schools only care that you made a C or higher whether it was your first attempt or second attempt and some schools average the 2 of them! CASPA just means that it won't do a repeat to replace! 

Good Luck!!

Thank you so much, Krissy! I had a mini heart attack for a second. Sometimes their wording confuses me. I appreciate it! :) 

Archived