What's everybody doing?

• 2 months later...

I’ll bite.

I’ve had the opportunity to mix inpatient consult/rounding with outpatient clinic time at my practice but opted for pure outpatient for the time being due to schedule preferences. There is the hope for surgical assisting in the future but nothing concrete. The issue is the surgeons would prefer a uro PA for assists but don’t want to train due to the loss in productivity and therefore salary. 

Initially told APPs would do Saturday rounds for either half or full day but that was tabled as we wanted to day off during the week in return and that reduces patient access in the clinic. 

Procedures are limited. Difficult caths, intercavernosal injections, some testosterone injections, and soon will start spermatic cord blocks. May do more outpatient procedures in the future as urologists are hard to come by and wanting to maximize their time in the OR while there are more of us APPs than they’ve ever had. 

Archived