Anyone do a Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic Rotation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've done a few rotations at CC, and it was a rewarding experience- depending on where you get placed. CC comprises of main campus, which is in in the heart of Cleveland, OH. There are also regional hospitals that students can be placed at, such as Fairview Hospital on West Side or Hillcrest Hospital on East Side. I heard disgruntled students who were not happy where they were placed, so in all honesty, it just depends.

I have rotated at both main campus and regional locations. If you are on main campus, it can be quite intimidating, because you are thrown into a "jungle," of medical residents, fellows, and very experienced PA's. You are expected to perform on the same level as other medical professionals- you will probably be pre-rounding and rounding with the medical residents and medical students, and you will be asked the same questions they are asked- so keep up with your reading!

The regional hospitals hold your hand a little more, and have more patience for students in their learning process.

But, do not go for the CC name. If you have a good preceptor willing to TEACH you, that's what counts. You want to be able to get the most out of your rotations as possible, wherever they maybe, and make sure your preceptor sees a diverse patient load.

Archived