New Grad Primary Care offer

Hey everyone, just looking for some feedback on a job offer I received. The clinic is located in Dallas, Texas. I’ll be a brand new grad in a few weeks 

Primary care- Base salary is 95,000 (Total compensation 100,000-115,000 after RVU bonuses). Hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday. 1-2 Saturday’s per month ($300 shift pay for Saturday’s worked). Health benefits kick in after 3 months. 10 days PTO first year (increases to 15 after 1 year). 7 paid holidays. $1500 CME credit annually, but no CME days off. No mention of retirement benefits  

I appreciate any feedback! This is my first offer so I’m kind of weary to just accept the first thing that’s thrown at me, but it seems like a decent starting job as a new grad. 

12 hours ago, BvoPA said:

Hey everyone, just looking for some feedback on a job offer I received. The clinic is located in Dallas, Texas. I’ll be a brand new grad in a few weeks 

Primary care- Base salary is 95,000 (Total compensation 100,000-115,000 after RVU bonuses). Hours are 8-5 Monday-Friday. 1-2 Saturday’s per month ($300 shift pay for Saturday’s worked). Health benefits kick in after 3 months. 10 days PTO first year (increases to 15 after 1 year). 7 paid holidays. $1500 CME credit annually, but no CME days off. No mention of retirement benefits  

I appreciate any feedback! This is my first offer so I’m kind of weary to just accept the first thing that’s thrown at me, but it seems like a decent starting job as a new grad. 

Saturdays shifts sound good to get quick money and still have the rest of the day to do whatever. Base salary seems fine, do not know the COL of Dallas, but I am sure it is more than the mid-west. PTO sucks, no CME time sucks and you need retirement (if they do not offer this then they do not care about you and your longevity with the company). I would ask for 5 days of CME as this is standard (and you do not want to us YOUR earned vacation for CME) and increase to PTO to 15 days for first year then 20 days after the first year. I would as about retirement. 

Archived