Northeastern University 2018-2019 Application Cycle

Still a little early, but I thought I'd start this thread for anyone interested in applying to Northeastern's PA program this upcoming cycle. Good luck everyone! :)

Has anyone looked into the Exercise Science Program that they are offering to applicants with low PCE? I noticed it on their website and I am interested to hear if anyone else is considering it! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Question for anyone applying: Northeastern asks for a Resume/CV upload. I was going to just upload my one-page professional resume but then I read: "Please provide a current CV or resume listing your educational and employment (clinical and non-clinical) history since high school as well as scholarly activities such as publications and presentations.  Please do not list courses and grades on your CV or resume or send copies of publications."

Am I supposed to take that literally? My CV of everything I have done since high school is going to be crazy long!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have tips on the secondary personal statement that is required for this program regarding the community you envision yourself working in?  I see there is a 5,000 character limit but I'm not actually sure how long this is really supposed to be? Any advice or tips are welcome ? 

@Lizli1 The question is a little vague and I don't really see much in terms of direction that's provided on the school's website. I think so long as you answer honestly and have something aligning with the university's core values as well as possibly what you see yourself going into in the future, you should be okay. Granted, I haven't written my response yet either haha

On 5/9/2018 at 6:42 PM, Lizli1 said:

Anyone have tips on the secondary personal statement that is required for this program regarding the community you envision yourself working in?  I see there is a 5,000 character limit but I'm not actually sure how long this is really supposed to be? Any advice or tips are welcome ? 

I think a paragraph for most secondary essay-type questions is more than enough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Chloeday said:

Can anyone tell me how they structured their supplemental essay? Was it basic or was it longer like the CASPA personal statement? 

I am working on mine currently, but it is turning out to be a short-essay format. I really don't plan on using anywhere NEAR 5000 characters; aiming to get it across in <2000 if possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

So I know I have to submit my Northeastern app via CASPA as well as the data sheet directly to the school.
Do you think it's way too late to even submit my data sheet since I am basically 1 week away from the deadline? I'm afraid they won't receive it in time and I would have spent $75 for nothing ? 

Good luck to everyone applying! ?

9 hours ago, tiffmd94 said:

Hi!

So I know I have to submit my Northeastern app via CASPA as well as the data sheet directly to the school.
Do you think it's way too late to even submit my data sheet since I am basically 1 week away from the deadline? I'm afraid they won't receive it in time and I would have spent $75 for nothing ? 

Use overnight shipping for the check/money order + data sheet!

15 hours ago, tiffmd94 said:

Hi!

Mail it priority or overnight! It's not too late!  

On 7/28/2018 at 6:24 AM, pk325 said:

I submitted my CASPA app 7/26 and also overnight priority express mailed out the data sheet the same day. I received confirmation yesterday (7/27) that both were received! Now the wait begins!

Haha! I did the same thing except I mailed my form yesterday and submitted today.

Archived