USC SOM PA Program

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am thinking of becoming a CNA in SC with hopes of becoming a PA through a state program there (I am switching careers from Education). How is CNA work viewed as for the DCE? Any thoughts on the program? Will they accept out-of-state community college work for the pre-reqs? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 7:09 PM, pangea355 said:

Hi, I am thinking of becoming a CNA in SC with hopes of becoming a PA through a state program there (I am switching careers from Education). How is CNA work viewed as for the DCE? Any thoughts on the program? Will they accept out-of-state community college work for the pre-reqs? Thank you.

CNA work is an acceptable form of patient contact hours. I enjoy the program and know that the faculty truly wants us to be successful physician assistants. I recommend contacting the school concerning out-of-state community college pre-reqs. I did have one community college lab from out-of-state and it was accepted but I highly recommend contacting the school with any questions concerning pre-reqs. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, BlytheLanier said:

Got my email today about an interview on July 20!!! Super excited and if anyone else is interviewing then, let me know! 

what were your stats on submitting the CASPA application as well as supplemental? Just curious as i am anxiously waiting to hear from them. I submitted my app first week of June and got the supplemental June 7 and submitted it June 10. Starting to worry a little now. 

8 minutes ago, dthum said:

what were your stats on submitting the CASPA application as well as supplemental? Just curious as i am anxiously waiting to hear from them. I submitted my app first week of June and got the supplemental June 7 and submitted it June 10. Starting to worry a little now. 

My CASPA was verified on June 20th, email with supplemental was the 21st. I submitted my supplemental on the 25th and was invited for an interview yesterday on the 28th!

4 minutes ago, BlytheLanier said:

My CASPA was verified on June 20th, email with supplemental was the 21st. I submitted my supplemental on the 25th and was invited for an interview yesterday on the 28th!

I am starting to worry now. Are you a resident of SC? Also, were you able to check your status on USC self service account post supplemental application submission? 

12 minutes ago, dthum said:

I am starting to worry now. Are you a resident of SC? Also, were you able to check your status on USC self service account post supplemental application submission? 

I am a resident of SC. And I had not checked my status yet so I am not sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, BlytheLanier said:

When did you interview? I interviewed last week 7/20/18 and I believe the committee is meeting later this week, so anticipate hearing next week maybe?? 

Last month.  6/22.  They had anticipated us hearing something in four weeks.  Going on almost five now.  

Archived