• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Echo29
      Hi All!
      Looking for some thoughts on an urgent care offer in northern NJ.
      Multi specialty practice based urgent care. Mix of acuity. We can get stat CTs.
      $64/hr = 133120 per year
      Hourly not salary
      160 hours PTO
      0 hours CME days
      $1500 CME
      Mix between 12hr (week day 8A-8P) and 9hr (8A-5P) shifts
      4% match 401k
      5% annual bonus
      Approx 20-30 patient's per day
      I have  5 years experience as a PA
      Thanks in advance!

~E
    • By Salesian
      Hey folks,
      I've been working in emergency medicine for about 1 year in a setting with a good mixture of high acuity and fastrack patients at a teaching institution. I've also worked during this time per diem at a low volume urgent care. While this has been an outstanding first job in terms of resume building and learning, it of course has the downside of wild hours, nights, weekends, holidays, etc. at a rather noncompetitive hourly rate/salary. I don't hate the job, but I also don't see myself doing emergency medicine forever. Or at least...not at this salary.
      For those who started in emergency medicine, what are your thoughts on transitioning to an urgent care job? I have heard some describe a miserable existence of patient volumes upwards of 60 patients a day, but I am guessing this is very dependent on the institution. Are there other specialties that make for a natural transition from emergency medicine? Am keeping all my options open at this point. Thanks!
    • By VinceH
      I have a prior MS in Exercise Physiology (research emphasis) and then completed a dual degree PA program getting a MS in Management w/ the School of Business before starting the MMS for PA. The extra degrees will certainly be resume builders, but how much should I expect to use them for negotiating starting salaries? Should I expect a higher starting offer due to them or is that naive? Starting to have discussions with some practices and was hoping to get some ideas on the value those provide before it moves towards contract talks. I don't want to sell myself short, but don't want to come off as pompous and overvalue myself either! 
      I would be interested in either Ortho/Sports Med or Cardiology  
      Looking in NC. Currently in Winston-Salem, NC at Wake Forest University
      Appreciate the insight anyone can provide!
    • By areys
      Anyone that can help with compensation recommendations or salary range for Urgent Care Position. Looking in southern Maine. Expecting 1 or 2 offers from two different companies. I have 3 years of experience at a high volume/high acuity urgent care. Currently making 60$ an hour at a UC that keeps multiple providers on. In this new position I would be solo provider with MD or other PA available by phone for consultation when needed. AAPA salary report didn't have any data for UCs in Maine. I would like to make as much as a lateral move as possible as this would be a move to a higher cost of living area. I would appreciate any suggestions about negotiating salary or ranges especially from anyone in the Southern Maine area. 
    • By MiMtMePAC
      Hello,
      I recently graduated and was offered a New Grad Hospitalist position in the New England area at a community hospital without some specialties and would like some feedback on the offer...
      Compensation: $48/hr, annually $99,840, plus incentive bonus (unknown amount), shift differential for night shifts $3/hr
      Schedule: 3 12hr shifts, alternating weeks of days and nights, 2 locations couple blocks apart, 6-10pts per day, great coaching and MD support, closed ICU/OBGYN, all surgical emergencies go to larger state hospital nearby
      PTO: 280hr allotment for all CME, sick, vacation, holidays, etc
      CME: $2500 for all license, DEA, certifications, etc
      Added bonus: AAPA Hospitalist bootcamp after 3-6months of starting, covered by the hospital
      Benefits: 10K loan reimbursement per year, relocation reimbursement coverage, 403b 3% match first year, then 5% match thereafter; Healthcare, Life insurance, AD&D, malpractice with tail coverage, etc. 

Does this seem like adequate compensation in general, and is that a good differential for nights? How could I negotiate this if at all? The alternating weeks of days and nights sounds rough, how could I configure this? Any other comments or insights are appreciated!
      Thanks for your help!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More