On 4/14/2018 at 9:42 AM, PatrickCasey said:

My name is Patrick Casey and I am the student reach for GWU PA program and a current student in the 2020 class. Im here to answer any of your questions you may have about CASPA, GWU, interview process or any PA questions in general! Reach me here or on Facebook at Patrick Allan (black and white picture prof). Whatever you would like. 

Good luck to all!

Patrick

Hey Patrick,

When you interviewed, how many other prospective students were interviewing with you on the same day? Also, do you know about how many people total are invited to interview for the program? How long after interviewing did you hear back regarding acceptance/rejection?

59 minutes ago, Laurenmarie89 said:

Hey Patrick,

When you interviewed, how many other prospective students were interviewing with you on the same day? Also, do you know about how many people total are invited to interview for the program? How long after interviewing did you hear back regarding acceptance/rejection?

Hi Lauren,

1. There were about 30 of us in the interview session. 

2. Total invited to interviews - This depends on how fast their spots get filled up for the school since it is a rolling admissions

3. This all depends. I heard back in a week. Some people it was sooner, some it was a lot later. I can't really give you a clear cut time frame they let you know for sure yes or no. But most people heard back in 1-2 weeks with their status.

• Upvote 1

Hi Patrick,

My name is Sarah and I have an interview with GWU on August 24th. Just out of curiosity, how long after they send out acceptance notifications do you have to respond stating if you are going to be attending their program or not? Many of the other schools that I applied to do not even send out interview invitations until their deadlines have passed.

If anyone is looking to save some money, I have an extra room booked at 1715 East Dixon Boulevard Shelby North Carolina 28152 USA

for Thursday August 23-Friday August 24. My brother is a General Manager at Marriott and allows family up to 2 rooms at a steep discount. It comes with free breakfast. Message me and I can give you more details. Just trying to pass it along.

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2018 at 12:05 PM, sarah217 said:

Hi Patrick,

My name is Sarah and I have an interview with GWU on August 24th. Just out of curiosity, how long after they send out acceptance notifications do you have to respond stating if you are going to be attending their program or not? Many of the other schools that I applied to do not even send out interview invitations until their deadlines have passed.

Hi Sarah, 

If you are to receive and acceptance email, they give you 14 days from when you were accepted to place a down deposit. This doesn't mean you have to 100% commit, but you do need to make a deposit in those 14 days to hold your seat. If I remember right, our deposit was 1,500 dollars. So its definitely something to think about heavily. 

On 6/27/2018 at 11:33 AM, Sarahbelle said:

Submitted CASPA 6/4, verified6/8. I received an email 6/11 from GW that my file was in preliminary review. On 6/25 received email saying I’ve been moved to official review. How long until you guys received interview invite? 

What is the difference between preliminary review and official review? Thanks!

On 4/14/2018 at 9:42 AM, PatrickCasey said:

My name is Patrick Casey and I am the student reach for GWU PA program and a current student in the 2020 class. Im here to answer any of your questions you may have about CASPA, GWU, interview process or any PA questions in general! Reach me here or on Facebook at Patrick Allan (black and white picture prof). Whatever you would like. 

Good luck to all!

Patrick

Hi Patrick! Just wondering how GW calculates GPA. Do they use the CASPA calculations, and does the overall GPA include post BAC work? Thanks for your help!!

1 hour ago, S6891 said:

Hi Patrick! Just wondering how GW calculates GPA. Do they use the CASPA calculations, and does the overall GPA include post BAC work? Thanks for your help!!

Hi

Good question.

They use CASPA as their GPA source. But they are mostly looking at science and the prerequisite grades for the school (as I was told). So if you are worried about some random under grad course, they tend to kind of brush those off and focus on the science classes and more of your most recent classes. 

8 hours ago, S6891 said:

What is the difference between preliminary review and official review? Thanks!

Preliminary means they check if you meet all the minimum requirements like GPA, pre-requisites, clinical experience and so on. Then once it is approved it moves into the official review phase where they see if you are a competitive applicant and if they want to invite for an interview. 

12 hours ago, Hiral said:

Preliminary means they check if you meet all the minimum requirements like GPA, pre-requisites, clinical experience and so on. Then once it is approved it moves into the official review phase where they see if you are a competitive applicant and if they want to invite for an interview. 

Thanks!! ?

17 hours ago, PatrickCasey said:

Hi

Good question.

They use CASPA as their GPA source. But they are mostly looking at science and the prerequisite grades for the school (as I was told). So if you are worried about some random under grad course, they tend to kind of brush those off and focus on the science classes and more of your most recent classes. 

Great! Thanks for the info!