On 11/5/2018 at 10:16 PM, jtpng said:

Just got an email back about the cost — hope this helps!

Thank you for contacting St. John's University, the Office of Student Financial Services.

I can give you an estimate based on this years tuition.  Our tuition goes up approximately 2-4% each year.  This year the cost of 1 credit for your program is 1420.00.  I believe you program is 84 credits which would be 119,280.00 (at this years tuition rate) plus 170.00 general fee each semester.  The housing charges for this year would be 10720.00 plus a 250 refundable deposit.  The housing also goes up each year.

If you should need further assistance, please contact us through our Customer Service Department at (718) 990-2000

Thank you, this is really helpful! $120,000+ is super steep...

7 minutes ago, FuturePa1212 said:

Same did you get the supplemental application? That’s all I got since. 

Yes i got the supplemental! The last thing i got from them was an email stating that my application will go to the committee for review. I feel like they should start reviewing september applicants soon

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, prospectivePA11 said:

Does anyone know a total for the cost for this program? I could not find it online. Was offered an interview but may turn down if this program is the same or more than the school I was accepted to. Thanks!

I asked this question too a little while ago - another applicant spoke to the financial aid dept and was told the total cost would be around $120,000.

Submitted my CASPA: 7/10/2018

Submitted my supplemental: 7/17/2018

Got invited to an interview Dec 14 and will be interviewing in the school on January 8 at 9:30am.

Anyone who interviewed can give some insight on how the format was or if we will be updated with  itinerary? Thank you in advance.

Stats:

SGPA: 3.53

CGPA: 3.57

Patient care experience: 357 hrs (currently at 1,000 now).

Healthcare hours: 650

Shadowing PA/Doctor: 175, alot of community service and extracirriculars, and strong supplemental/personal statement/recommendations.

Edited by eskeetit

On 12/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, eskeetit said:

Submitted my CASPA: 7/10/2018

Submitted my supplemental: 7/17/2018

Got invited to an interview Dec 14 and will be interviewing in the school on January 8 at 9:30am.

Anyone who interviewed can give some insight on how the format was or if we will be updated with  itinerary? Thank you in advance.

Stats:

SGPA: 3.53

CGPA: 3.57

Patient care experience: 357 hrs (currently at 1,000 now).

Healthcare hours: 650

Shadowing PA/Doctor: 175, alot of community service and extracirriculars, and strong supplemental/personal statement/recommendations.

It’s 30 minutes, 2 Staff will give you about 10-15 questions and afterwards they might ask if you’d like to sit in on a class

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 5:43 PM, bk321 said:

Anyone know if they are still giving out interviews? I submitted back on 06/18/18 and sent materials to update my application but have not heard back since.

yes. I interviewed today and when asked about the program interview/acceptance process, they are rolling admissions and still giving out interviews. 30 min interview with 2 faculty members.

Update: I have been given an acceptance invitation to the program. I went for my interview on Monday January 9, and received my invitation via email today. Although I  have been accepted to another program I am strongly considering this school due to financial reasons, convenience ( I live 10 minutes away) and clinical affiliations.

Edited by eskeetit
add an update
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2019 at 2:33 PM, eskeetit said:

yes. I interviewed today and when asked about the program interview/acceptance process, they are rolling admissions and still giving out interviews. 30 min interview with 2 faculty members.

Update: I have been given an acceptance invitation to the program. I went for my interview on Monday January 9, and received my invitation via email today. Although I  have been accepted to another program I am strongly considering this school due to financial reasons, convenience ( I live 10 minutes away) and clinical affiliations.

congratulations! Fast response very nice

• Like 1