Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/9/2018 at 6:28 PM, Shannon44 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Hi, Shannon!

 

I submitted my application to Caspa 6/2 and was verified the same day. I have not received any information from St. Johns though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted and was verified on 6/9, 

On 6/26 St. Johns emailed my with a login and a link to their supplemental application,

Today (6/29) I submitted the supplemental and received an email from St. Johns confirming that my application is complete and under review!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mpeach said:

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sure, I have a 3.53 overall gpa and a 3.61 cumulative science gpa

GRE scores were 158 verbal, and 152 quantitative

~2500 healthcare hours working as a CNA, EMT, and medical assistant

I've also been a counselor on a crisis hotline and a research assistant for a substance abuse treatment and research service

its my first time applying, so hoping for the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saragranola said:

Sure, I have a 3.53 overall gpa and a 3.61 cumulative science gpa

GRE scores were 158 verbal, and 152 quantitative

~2500 healthcare hours working as a CNA, EMT, and medical assistant

I've also been a counselor on a crisis hotline and a research assistant for a substance abuse treatment and research service

its my first time applying, so hoping for the best!

Thank you! Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koreanbbq said:

hey so do they send the supplemental application after you apply via CASPA?

Yeah, I got it in an email a couple weeks after I was verified by CASPA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 2:20 PM, Kar27 said:

I'm a little confused is the program 3 years or 2 years long?

 

Looks like its 3 years

"the 84-credit graduate program incorporates two essential components: the first two years integrate medical, behavioral and social sciences to develop a comprehensive approach to patient care. The clinical experience of third-year matriculated students involves supervised, hands-on training by physicians and physician assistants at affiliated sites."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, I didn't see anything on there website and most secondary websites are saying no, but does St. Johns require that you send them GRE scores?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, lfernan1 said:

Hi everyone, I didn't see anything on there website and most secondary websites are saying no, but does St. Johns require that you send them GRE scores?

You don't need a GRE score! I applied w/o one and just got invited for an interview

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rosie1995 said:

You don't need a GRE score! I applied w/o one and just got invited for an interview

Congrats! When were you verified if you dont mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, Rosie1995 said:

Thanks so much! Verified on 06/25

Did u have all ur pre reqs completed? or will they be completed before Jan 15 (deadline), or before u enter the program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, padreamer54 said:

Did u have all ur pre reqs completed? or will they be completed before Jan 15 (deadline), or before u enter the program

All of my pre-reqs will be completed before Jan 15th

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you that applied, do you know if they are lenient on the 5-year prerequisite course rule? Most of my general chemistry and biology courses were taken freshmen year of my undergrad about 7 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything recently? I got my under review email in July and have not heard back. Just wondering how many interviews have passed or if anyone knows if they have sent out rejections or when they will. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, texas27 said:

Has anyone heard anything recently? I got my under review email in July and have not heard back. Just wondering how many interviews have passed or if anyone knows if they have sent out rejections or when they will. Thanks!

My application was verified on 7/1 and I received an interview invite today!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Allie123 said:

My application was verified on 7/1 and I received an interview invite today!

I was verified 7/14 so hopefully theyre going in order! lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Allie123 said:

My application was verified on 7/1 and I received an interview invite today!

Oh, I meant to ask! If you dont mind sharing, what are your stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My stats arent so great GPA wise, but i do have like 7000 patient care experience, loads of volunteering, leadship 

3.11 BCP

Biology 3.5

Overall 3.45

Do you think i have a chance at sju 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, texas27 said:

Oh, I meant to ask! If you dont mind sharing, what are your stats?

I have a 3.7 gpa, 3.5 science, 1050 hours (I am still in undergrad). I have a 311 GRE.

I have TONS of community service and school involvement and several leadership positions. I also have a full time job in addition to courses and involvement. 

I am also a major which requires tons of extra science courses in place of electives. So I have a lot of science courses (mainly involving physiology). 

Please let me know if there is anything else you want to know! Good luck! 

Edited by allie321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 6:36 PM, slamm27 said:

Just got invited for an interview... verified 7/7, supplemental submitted end of July 7/28?

Congrats! Has your interview happened yet? If so, would you mind sharing some advice on what to expect as far as the structure of the interview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More