Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am nervous that I may have submitted a little late. I submitted CASPA 6/22 and was verified 6/27. But I did not submit the application processing fee until 7/6. I hope I still have a decent chance. For those of you that have already received interview invites, how long did it take to receive an interview invite after the "application file is complete" email?

Also in case anyone is curious my stats are:

GRE 316 and 3.5

cGPA 3.66

sGPA 3.64

PCE 1100 CNA in a hospital

Shadowing experience 42 hours with cardio-thoracic surgery, laparoscopic surgery, cardiology, and pediatrics

Volunteer experience 194 hours

Leadership experience of Volunteer Events Coordinator and Vice President of my school's Pre-PA Club for 2 consecutive year, and Chairmen for the Pre-PA Club on my school's Pre-Health Council for 1 year

 

Edited by bussine3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 1:11 PM, MIgirl said:

Okay I think I'm going to do it! worst case scenario they say no, at least it shows that I care lol. Thanks for your help!

Did you contact them about the optional essay? I wrote mine and it never uploaded, I did not realize til now, did not want to call them and seem not detail oriented lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 10:49 AM, bussine3 said:

I am nervous that I may have submitted a little late. I submitted CASPA 6/22 and was verified 6/27. But I did not submit the application processing fee until 7/6. I hope I still have a decent chance. For those of you that have already received interview invites, how long did it take to receive an interview invite after the "application file is complete" email?

Also in case anyone is curious my stats are:

GRE 316 and 3.5

cGPA 3.66

sGPA 3.64

PCE 1100 CNA in a hospital

Shadowing experience 42 hours with cardio-thoracic surgery, laparoscopic surgery, cardiology, and pediatrics

Volunteer experience 194 hours

Leadership experience of Volunteer Events Coordinator and Vice President of my school's Pre-PA Club for 2 consecutive year, and Chairmen for the Pre-PA Club on my school's Pre-Health Council for 1 year

 

Hey,
I received my "application file is complete and ready to review on May 18th and an interview invite on June 8th for July 13th. 

I just finished their first round of interview and I was extremely satisfied by how well the faculty presented themselves and the program. After interviewing here, this program will be one of my top choices. I would highly recommend the MMI interview format. It was fun and exciting to partake in it!

If anyone is curious about my stats or general questions, just message me. As a small note, please don't ask for specific details such as interview questions, but all other general questions are welcomed!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chandr3w said:

Just received invitation to interview! I'm very surprised because I didn't do the diversity essay. 

When did you submit everything (and received the "application is complete email)? Best of luck on the interview! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an invitation to interview. The first interview conflicted with another interview so I will be attending the interview session on September 14th.

I received the application complete email on June 6th.

Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, when is it okay to contact the program on the status of the application? I have been waiting six weeks already and wondering if thats normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AAKO3 said:

Just curious, when is it okay to contact the program on the status of the application? I have been waiting six weeks already and wondering if thats normal.

The “completed application” email states 2-8 weeks. So I would wait till after the 8th week. I’m in the same boat as you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just leaving my stats here and hoping for an interview from here. I did complete their optional diversity essay. First time applying. Good luck to everybody.

Submitted 7/12, Verified 7/17

CASPA sGPA : 3.55 cGPA: 3.42

GRE: 314, 4.0 on writing

PCE: ~5000 Hrs

HCE: ~1000 Hrs

Volunteer: ~200 hrs

Shadowing PAs: ~150 hrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck everyone! Posting my stats here for fun as well. Submitted 7/3.

sGPA: 3.59 cGPA 3.48

GRE: 315, 4.0 writing

PCE: ~2600

Volunteer/reseach experience: ~300

Shadowing: ~30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 1:53 PM, icjerseyveeb324 said:

Has anyone from the 7/13 interview hear back yet??

Not yet!! I'm thinking this Friday as it will be 2 weeks?! FIngers crossed! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a day after me! Congrats! Good to know they are still reaching out to people who applied in May :). 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been only waiting two weeks and I’m already stressing out haha. Just need to keep busy as it could take up to 8 weeks. 

Good luck to those who have interviews. 

Edited by MyPath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MyPath said:

I have been only waiting two weeks and I’m already stressing out haha. Just need to keep busy as it could take up to 8 weeks. 

 Good luck to those who have interviews. 

I feel the EXACT same way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ckess37 said:

Hi everyone!!! I just received my acceptance email! YAY!!!!!!!! 

Congrats! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More