Rosalind Franklin 2018-2019 Applicants

33 minutes ago, PAtienceiskey said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way to get to campus using public transit? I'll be interviewing 10/19 and coming from Logan Square area. I've never been to Chicago before so if anyone has any recommendations I'd really appreciate it!

Hey! I interviewed last month and had never been there either. I stayed in downtown Chicago the night before due to having friends living there. I took the blue line to the red line in order to get downtown. To head north for the interview, I took the Metra train and got off at Lake Bluff I believe. They have an early train that you can take to make sure you get there in time. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, auha6457 said:

Hey! I interviewed last month and had never been there either. I stayed in downtown Chicago the night before due to having friends living there. I took the blue line to the red line in order to get downtown. To head north for the interview, I took the Metra train and got off at Lake Bluff I believe. They have an early train that you can take to make sure you get there in time. 

Perfect thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...

I got my application complete email August 23rd, and the email also stated that it would take between 2-8 weeks to review my file. Eight weeks passed yesterday. I called RFUMS and the woman I spoke with told me my application was marked still under review. I know they have a lot of applications to go through, but anyone else in the same boat?

30 minutes ago, prePALana said:

I got my application complete email August 23rd, and the email also stated that it would take between 2-8 weeks to review my file. Eight weeks passed yesterday. I called RFUMS and the woman I spoke with told me my application was marked still under review. I know they have a lot of applications to go through, but anyone else in the same boat?

My application was complete in May and I finally got a continued consideration email 13 weeks later... I still haven't heard anything since then! So I wouldn't stress too much about 8 weeks :).

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this was a bad idea (probably was), but I actually just submitted my application to their program. I really like their mission statement about diversity inclusion. I wish that I would've read about Rosalind sooner than later. I probably won't get a seat due to how late I submitted, but it didn't hurt to try.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, Evelyna said:

For anyone who got the continued consideration email post interview, does this mean we’re on a waitlist or are there also people who got an email that they are solely on a waitlist status. Thank you ! 

I emailed them asking what this status meant and this is the response I received.

"Thank you for your email and interest in Rosalind Franklin University.The admissions committee has conducted an initial review of your application, which displays evidence of your academic potential.Your application will be reviewed further, there is nothing additional that you need to submit to strengthen your application, but if there are any changes in your health care hours or completed coursework, you may log in to CASPA to update your application accordingly. Please allow another 4-6 weeks for the holistic review process to be completed. Your application can be placed on the waiting list from the continued consideration status. If that is the case this will mean that you are admissible into the program and if a seat becomes available you will be pulled from the wait list to fill that seat. "

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 6:47 PM, prePALana said:

I applied mid August and called them last week--she told me that my app was still under review too. I asked if I should still expect a continued consideration email. She said they received more apps than expected this cycle and to give it another 4 weeks.