CAPA Advocacy Survey

I received an email from the lead of a small local PA group called Front Range PAs.  I've been a member of this group since 1997.  The lead has been a member of CAPA board for many years, and is stepping down to concentrate on legislation.

I have been part of a small grass roots group working with Colorado Medical Society and other groups to make changes to the rules and regulations regarding PAs in Colorado.  The CMS is supportive of the changes we need to move toward OTP.

A second email has a link to a survey on advocacy.  Colorado PAs, PA Students, Military PAs in CO, and former CO PAs--please complete.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUkeJefIrcTWfMHbrN68yyIPjjLfd-JjeW7nI-0qdtbPRENQ/viewform

• 2 months later...

pafrankc,

Seems I am a few months too late finding this post to fill out the survey. If this group is still looking for any more experiences on the current laws:

While working as a scribe for a general surgeon’s clinic, the tension over requiring signatures from the surgeon for all of his new grad PA’s charts was palpable. We were new to an EMR anyway, and he is an older doc (1st time ever using an EMR and hated it), but I think the extra oversight required outside the OR had a large part in causing the tension that prompted that PA to leave abruptly. He has worked well with a couple of other PA’s, but I they started long before everything was electronic, so I guess it was not as big of a pain then.

As a disclaimer, I am still a student, but after finishing IPAP, I would like to go home to CO to practice. I hope you and the front range group can keep pushing toward the OTP model, and please let me know if you can think of any way I may contribute as a student.

Adam

Archived