2018/2019 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, wannabeapa1 said:

I applied June 7th and didn't hear back until August 27th for an interview invitation for the September 4th/5th session. I had to turn down the invite because I had another interview during that time. I'm not sure if there will be any more interview sessions though. ?

Ah, thanks for your response! Sent my app in a little later than that so I’m still holding onto hope that I’ll hear back. I think they typically interview through October/first week of November. Did they say that would be their last interview session? Congrats on your other interview!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, thewook88 said:

Anybody get invited to the Oct 16th & 17th interview? Does anybody know if the class is already full? 

I just received the invitation yesterday evening, to interview on those days. In the email it said that the class was almost completely seated so a majority of the offers will be waitlist. 

70 seats, rolling admissions. They usually accept about 10 off the wait list. They don't disclose how many seats are open but it's definitely to your benefit if you had your application in ASAP and were interviewed early.

Great program and faculty. If I had to do PA school over again I would go to South.

-2017 grad

On 9/23/2018 at 12:24 PM, KristinKingery said:

Hi guys! I am applying for the 2019/2020 cycle and was wondering what some of your accomplishments were (GPA, patient hours, shadowing hours, etc.) I am wanting to be as competitive as possible for my application for the next cycle! Congratulations to those of you who were accepted, and to those not, never give up on your goals! ?

Avg overall GPA was around 3.4 for our class. We had some who had 3.0 and some who had a 4.0, though. Def going to need very good grades in your prereqs, as the applicant pool is very competitive. I think our class had over 800 applicants, interviewed 150 or less and 70 started and finished the program. 

I applied to South 3 times before I got in. Get A's in your prereqs, beef up your volunteer and health care experience hours, get good recs, and get your application in as soon as the cycle opens. By the way, some of the faculty are VERY proficient and picky about writing skills- so your narrative needs to be edited if you're at all uncomfortable with your writing abilities. 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, kmelton25 said:

I was a little late to the game for a rolling admissions school, but submitted my verified app in July. Haven't heard anything back yet besides the initial email that they were reviewing my application. Did anyone else apply that late?

I submitted my application July 7th and just received an invite for Nov. 6th & 7th interview a couple of days ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived