2018/2019 Cycle

20 minutes ago, beahleah said:

I submitted back in early June and haven't heard either. Either of you hear anything yet?

No, still haven't heard anything and I pyscho-stalk my email and junk mail everyday. I guess its better than a denial. I think if I don't hear anything like mid September, I will email. Its the only school I applied too and I'm local.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, current student here. Good luck to all!  I submitted my application a month or two after the opening of Caspa last go around and I didn’t hear anything for months. I think if you aren’t the first to apply, you may get a little diluted in the massive pool of people. Also, I never got an email back until I actually got an interview. And my interview offer came over the phone. Don’t lose hope and apply to other places! No news is good news, means you are still in the running. 

2 hours ago, Path2PA said:

Hi everyone! I'm a current student if anyone has any questions! ?

Hey there! I also applied back in May and have not heard anything. I’m trying to stay hopeful but realistic.. I just wanted to see if you know if they will let us know when the class is full for the coming cycle? I just have no idea how many students have already been accepted and I am hanging on by a thread!

2 minutes ago, HaileyRenee said:

Just received my rejection email.

Good luck to all that applied and are already accepted!

Same here. It was my only school I applied too. ?  But there’s always next year. I was at the averages on everything except my GRE. Good luck to everyone who’s been accepted and applied. 

1 hour ago, marissajanel said:

When did you submit and what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I am not able to attend the interview because of the short notice. I have to ask if they have another one scheduled.

They emailed me telling me that they received my application on June 5th.

B.S. in Biology

Cumulative GPA 3.68

Science GPA 3.68

3 years patient care experience as an Firefighter/EMT

10 years patient care experience as a Firefighter/Paramedic

GRE 

verbal 155

quantitative 147

analytical 3

On 8/25/2018 at 12:57 AM, thewook88 said:

Anybody get invited to the interview on Sep 4th & 5th? I got invited yesterday. It seems weird that they only gave us 11 days notice over a holiday weekend. 

I just got my interview invite today for 9/4-9/5, short notice but that’s how it is sometimes. 

Excited to interview and meet everyone else that’s interviewing those days! Never been to Savannah. 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:42 PM, Path2PA said:

Hi everyone! I'm a current student if anyone has any questions! ?

Hi there!

Can you tell us what you think are the best parts of South's program? How are the faculty? Is there a cadaver lab? Any tips for the interview? 

So many questions sorry! Haha

1 hour ago, kjime002 said:

I just got my interview invite today for 9/4-9/5, short notice but that’s how it is sometimes. 

Excited to interview and meet everyone else that’s interviewing those days! Never been to Savannah. 

I just had to ask to be put on the reschedule list ?. Good luck! The itinerary looks really cool. Trolly ride in downtown Savannah and such. I hope they do another interview.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:24 PM, kjime002 said:

Hi there!

Can you tell us what you think are the best parts of South's program? How are the faculty? Is there a cadaver lab? Any tips for the interview? 

So many questions sorry! Haha

I would say beyond the location being amazing, South's strengths include the ALE's, S/P events, and rotation site flexibility! We have the opportunity each quarter to go to a different site, similar to a mini rotation with a preceptor, and develop our interviewing and clinical skills with real patients! Similar to this, we have the S/P (standardized patient) events at a local hospital that provide a full patient simulation experience, including taking a full history, physical exam, and making a diagnosis. These events are recorded and we are able to review our videos in order to improve on our history taking and physical exam skills. Lastly, I mentioned rotation sites because we have the opportunity to set up our own locations if we so desire. Additionally we have many locations and preceptors to choose from. 

The faculty is amazing, super supportive, have an awesome open door policy, and are attentive to each student and their needs! We have "small groups" (groups of 6-10 students) who are assigned a particular faculty member who will serve as their individual mentor and provide direction for the duration of our time at South and beyond. 

Cadaver lab is located at a local hospital. We use it for our anatomy lab in quarters 1 and 2. 

Interviews were super relaxed. Just be yourself, ask any questions you have, and of course be prepared to answer common interview questions. The more prepared, the more at ease you will feel. Don't forget that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! Having that mentality made everything seem a little less daunting when I was going through the process.

Good luck!! :) 

20 hours ago, Path2PA said:

I would say beyond the location being amazing, South's strengths include the ALE's, S/P events, and rotation site flexibility! We have the opportunity each quarter to go to a different site, similar to a mini rotation with a preceptor, and develop our interviewing and clinical skills with real patients! Similar to this, we have the S/P (standardized patient) events at a local hospital that provide a full patient simulation experience, including taking a full history, physical exam, and making a diagnosis. These events are recorded and we are able to review our videos in order to improve on our history taking and physical exam skills. Lastly, I mentioned rotation sites because we have the opportunity to set up our own locations if we so desire. Additionally we have many locations and preceptors to choose from. 

The faculty is amazing, super supportive, have an awesome open door policy, and are attentive to each student and their needs! We have "small groups" (groups of 6-10 students) who are assigned a particular faculty member who will serve as their individual mentor and provide direction for the duration of our time at South and beyond. 

Cadaver lab is located at a local hospital. We use it for our anatomy lab in quarters 1 and 2. 

Interviews were super relaxed. Just be yourself, ask any questions you have, and of course be prepared to answer common interview questions. The more prepared, the more at ease you will feel. Don't forget that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! Having that mentality made everything seem a little less daunting when I was going through the process.

Good luck!! ?

Thank you sooo much for all that info you rock! That was very helpful. 

For those “mini rotation” things, does that happen during didactic ? Those S/P sound like a really great experience. 

It sounds like it’s a great program, I am excited to be interviewing there! 

1 hour ago, kjime002 said:

Thank you sooo much for all that info you rock! That was very helpful. 

For those “mini rotation” things, does that happen during didactic ? Those S/P sound like a really great experience. 

It sounds like it’s a great program, I am excited to be interviewing there! 

Yes those are during didactic! 

Archived