2018/2019 Cycle

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Drobin21 said:

I received an interview invite for June 19 and 20. Does anyone know how many applicants they usually interview per cycle?

A previous student told me they remembered around 20 students per interview group and around 7 groups total. This could have changed, however. Just curious- When did south receive your application? 

3 hours ago, HD1093 said:

A previous student told me they remembered around 20 students per interview group and around 7 groups total. This could have changed, however. Just curious- When did south receive your application? 

I submitted on the 25th and was verified on the 28th

7 hours ago, allthingspa said:

If anyone has recieved an email back after confirming the interview reservation please reply back to this post. I’m not sure if I should be expecting a response from them..

I received an email after confirming my dates for my interview

I’m definitely buggin out ? I did recieve another interview invite today so that’s good! Based on last years feedback they said everyone is really nice there. Any ideas on what you will wear for day 1?

ALSO my email said that we have 2 30 minute interviews and a meeting with the program director. But the attached file says “Please note the program director will not be available this interview session” 

Hmmm, not sure... this was for the June 19-20th dates.

22 minutes ago, allthingspa said:

I’m definitely buggin out ? I did recieve another interview invite today so that’s good! Based on last years feedback they said everyone is really nice there. Any ideas on what you will wear for day 1?

ALSO my email said that we have 2 30 minute interviews and a meeting with the program director. But the attached file says “Please note the program director will not be available this interview session” 

Hmmm, not sure... this was for the June 19-20th dates.

I'm sticking to the "business casual" they mentioned in the email for the 1st day. Probably a nice shirt and some dressier pants. It is going to be hot in Savannah, and I'm from Georgia! This will be my first interview for PA school!

4 minutes ago, lojanks said:

Any tips for preparing for this interview? This is the first PA program I will be interviewing with!! ?

This will be my first interview as well! I’m still nervous, but I felt much better after doing mock interviews!

Good luck to all of you guys already interviewing! I'm including South Univ. in my list of applicants, but I'm a little concerned because I'm not submitting until June 25th. I'm currently taking a prereq course that ends that day and I'd like to go ahead and have it on my transcript before submitting. However, I know they use a rolling admissions and I see some of you are already getting interviews. I'm concerned all of the spots will be filled before I get verified. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

6 hours ago, marlee28 said:

Good luck to all of you guys already interviewing! I'm including South Univ. in my list of applicants, but I'm a little concerned because I'm not submitting until June 25th. I'm currently taking a prereq course that ends that day and I'd like to go ahead and have it on my transcript before submitting. However, I know they use a rolling admissions and I see some of you are already getting interviews. I'm concerned all of the spots will be filled before I get verified. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

I already submitted and I have 1 prerequisite pending that will be finished at the end of June. You can submit with 2 outstanding prerequisites. Also, per the virtual open house, interviews are conducted until October. 

Does anyone have any tips for the interview that has already had one?

Mine were very much conversational. They really do a great job making you more comfortable and they really just want to get to know who you are. Don’t freak out and try to list your whole resume/CASPA. They know your application, now they want to know your personality. Overall I had a really good time. Get to know the people you’re applying with too, I met a lot of people I hope to be classmates with in the future. You’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived