University of Tampa PA Program

Just now, SoonToBePAC said:

PERFECT!! Thanks so much for the clarification! I won't be writing one then. Submitting now ? 

No problem! The woman I spoke to, Amanda, was very nice and looked into everything to make sure it was correct. I think they're ironing out the kinks now which is why the attachments are all sort of confusing and can be done multiple ways.

I am doing the hours stuff now and going to write a quick additional statement (a few hundred words, no more than a page) and will submit today as well!

45 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Your positive attitude is BEAUTIFUL and I just wanna say YOU GO! Please share some of that with me. I defiantly don't think it's going to be held against you since its not required to submit.

Would you mind sharing your stats either here or in a message? Totally fine to say no I'm just curious. For anyone interested in mine, I'll share them. I consider myself an average-ish applicant but I sort of hope since Tampa is a brand new program they'll get a fewer amount of applicants since not everyone might know about them and be more open to average for their first class. 

• B.S. Biological Sciences & B.S. Criminology
  • cGPA: 3.43
  • sGPA: 3.32
  • GRE: N/A; chose to apply to programs that didn't require it and spend money for more schools vs. pay for GRE and apply to less
  • PCE: 6,210 hours as an EMT in various settings (911 calls, transport, beach first-aid, horse-show EMT)
  • Volunteer: 300 +4,000 PCE was volunteer/community service (organized bone marrow registry drives on campus, held volunteer position in my fraternity, and did a service trip to the Dominican Republic
  • Shadowing: 60 hours (2 PA's in Emergency Department)
  • Leadership: have roughly 1,000 hours (field training officer in EMS, executive position for fraternity, MCI drill planning chief)
  • Multiple awards/honors through EMS, Dean's List
  • Certifications: EMT, CPR, CEVO, a few FEMA certifications

Oh gosh, do we need a separate document for all our clinical experience TOO?! That isn't starred in the application, just the shadowing. Ugh, I have so many. How did you do it? Literally copy/paste what you have in CASPA into a document? 

Sure no problem, 

BS in Healthcare Administration

cGPA:3.48

sGPA:3.38

No GRE

PCE: over 15,000 (Air Force Medic) for 14 years

HCE: over 5,000

Volunteer: over 500 (Meals on Wheels, Habitat for Humanity, Marie Wilkinson for Pantry, Hurricane Maria Relief efforts)

Shawdowing: over 500, 1 ER PA, 1 Urgent Care PA/ Flight Medicine PA. Worked in both areas that’s why my shawdowing is so high plus I used my free weekends to shadow full shifts. 

Certifications: EMT, CPR, CCT

1 minute ago, varous86 said:

Sure no problem, 

BS in Healthcare Administration

cGPA:3.48

sGPA:3.38

No GRE

PCE: over 15,000 (Air Force Medic) for 14 years

HCE: over 5,000

Volunteer: over 500 (Meals on Wheels, Habitat for Humanity, Marie Wilkinson for Pantry, Hurricane Maria Relief efforts)

Shawdowing: over 500, 1 ER PA, 1 Urgent Care PA/ Flight Medicine PA. Worked in both areas that’s why my shawdowing is so high plus I used my free weekends to shadow full shifts. 

Certifications: EMT, CPR, CCT

Wow, your experience will definitely set you apart from the rest of us! I wish you so much luck this cycle!! Was the flight PA through the Air Force? I've always wanted to be a flight medic, but it's impossible to get a job in it where I live. Keep us posted! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Wow, your experience will definitely set you apart from the rest of us! I wish you so much luck this cycle!! Was the flight PA through the Air Force? I've always wanted to be a flight medic, but it's impossible to get a job in it where I live. Keep us posted! 

Thank you! I hope and pray I get accepted! I sure will keep you posted and yes it was through the Air Force, in the military it's a bit different than what the civilian sector does.

On UT website they talk about getting urine drug screen and level 2 criminal background check done along with CASPA application. 

The urine drug screen and level 2 criminal background check are completed as part of the CASPA application process.

Does anyone know if we are to do this along with our caspa application or later on once we are offered an invitation for interview or something?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 11:47 PM, varous86 said:

Yes i did as wel. Campus is beautiful and I think the program is going to be amazing

Hey!!! I applied here too!! Did any of you guys get a confirmation email that they got or application? Maybe they don’t do that because they are still new? The campus and program look amazing! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, athleticgingerpta said:

Just sent my app to UT. First PA program application I've ever sent! So excited just to get to this point as it seemed unreachable to me three years ago when I began the journey to take the prereqs at the age of 30 while juggling a full time job as a physical therapist assistant. On a side note, I know of a coworker's fiancé that has already received a call to interview with them on Nov. 21st.

My stats:

cGPA 3.16 (not gonna move much since I have 197 credits total)

sGPA 3.44

BCP GPA 3.64

Post-baccaleurate 3.53

GRE 302 4.0 AW

8,440 hours PCE as a licensed PTA.

20 shadowing hours otho PA

I don't expect to even get an interview this year, but like I mentioned above, I am just happy to actually meet requirements to finally apply.

Congrats, what an accomplishment! 

Guest TopShotta
20 hours ago, CMPA2 said:

Congrats, what an accomplishment! 

Hey dont sell yourself short I got two interviews already scheduled and your stats are better than mine

On 8/28/2018 at 10:30 AM, HenBenry said:

I applied back in May and CASPA has been verified. The website says interviews are tentatively schedule starting October 8th and going into November. 

I applied also back in May and got nothing , not even verification email ?‍♀️

Very strange . I did virtual orientation back in April . 

Hopfuly we will hear something soon . 

• Upvote 1