Warning about SCUHS

I applied to both their DC and PA programs and was first accepted into their DC program. After my acceptance, I kept receiving admissions emails regarding my "admission to their PA program." When I called the school to report the irregularity, I was told by Ms Elizabeth Cruz the email had been sent in error. Strangely, Ms Elizabeth Cruz also told me at that time that applicants were expected to be "professional throughout the application process." - Apparently Ms Elizabeth Cruz says this to "everyone" (despite never saying this to me at any time during our previous phone calls before that).

It wasn't after I called to follow up on my PA application (months later) that I was told (more so screamed at) by Mr David Coronado, who told me I would not be accepted into their PA program and that my DC acceptance had been rescinded because I had "altered" their admission emails... When I tried to ask where this accusation was coming from, Mr David Coronado refused to let me speak and threatened to report me to CASPA. When I tried to justify the validity of the emails I had received, Mr Coronado raised his voice at me and told me that my opinion did not matter.  

Well after months of being told I'd get a call back from the dean of the DC and PA program (which never occurred), I was able to settle the situation with the school and obtain an apology. The school did in fact report me to CASPA and I was also able to obtain a retraction for their libelous claim. At this point I have no desire to attend this school and was glad to see the reality about SCUHS before becoming part of the student body.

Ultimately SCUHS and its staff lack the professionalism required to operate a health sciences school and SCUHS' action only discredits the legitimacy of the school. While SCUHS is tasked with training our future healthcare providers, the school doesn't seem to know what it is doing at the administrative level...Southern California University of Health Sciences is a sham and the employees there are bullies! Don't waste your time, and more importantly your money applying or attending. 

Archived