taking classes at two different colleges

Hello, I'm interested in pursuing a career in PA. However, I haven't taken all the pre-reqs for it and I'm a junior with public health major. Im trying to graduate by may 2019. I have taken Bio 1, Gen chem 1 and 2, Physics 1, stats, English and Calculus. However i still have to take Bio 2, Anatomy and physiology 1&2, microbio, and organic chem 1&2. I was thinking of taking these courses at a different university. My Cumulative GPA is 3.01.  I want to complete my Public Health bachelors at my current college but i want to take the left over Pre-reqs for PA at a different college at the same time. The reason i want to take classes at two different colleges is that I want to get my bachelors as soon as I can. Also the science courses at my current college are so MUCH harder compared to other colleges in the area. I cant risk my gPA to drop as it is bad already. Do you guys think is it possible? Would PA schools care that i have pre reqs from different colleges? 

It is very common to have taken courses at more than one institution, for whatever reason. Some people do it after graduation at a place that has evening courses, for example so they can have jobs.

I have not seen what you are trying to do be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaking from experience, I would STRONGLY recommend that you complete series courses at the same university. You mentioned that you have taken Bio 1 at one university then please continue to complete Bio 2 at the same university. You may take A&P at a different university if you wish but again, complete the series at the same university. I have broken up one series course (A&P) at two separate universities in the past and it was looked down upon. When it came time to submit my application, it was required that I submit the course syllabus from both university to verify that I did not miss any body systems. I even had a couple schools just skip my application all together just because I broke up the series. these universities recommended that I went back and complete the course series at one of the two schools. Bottom line is if you want to save yourself the hassle of double checking to make sure you are not missing anything in the course curriculum and are willing to provide the syllabus for each course, stick to one school.  

I had 13 transcripts. So that is not an issue. Like SilentPA said, most programs want you to complete sequence courses at the same school. 

Another thing to note is that you can not use federal financial aid at 2 schools, so you would have to pay out of pocket at the second school. 

Guest blee100

Just so you know this depends on the school. I attend two schools and my main school financial aid request we submit our schedule after the add-drop date and they will reimburse us the full cost(amount depends on how much financial aid you have left of course) . They also request we submit proof of our grades at the end of the semester as well or they will be looking for the money back.

35 minutes ago, mooredc said:

I had 13 transcripts. So that is not an issue. Like SilentPA said, most programs want you to complete sequence courses at the same school. 

Another thing to note is that you can not use federal financial aid at 2 schools, so you would have to pay out of pocket at the second school. 

Archived