Before CASPA starts

Hey everyone. I am just wondering as to what I should be doing before CASPA opens. I have letters of recommendation, all pre read done, etc. Should I ask for my transcript? I made a personal essay but I may redo it, but should I wait? I just really want to be prepared. Thank you and have a good one. 

Get your own transcripts so you can start typing in your coursework once CASPA opens. You'll have to order the ones for CASPA after it opens, but you can get your own copies now. Work on that personal statement, so you know you like it and don't waste time tweaking it. Collect your experience hours. Read all the CASPA instructions. Read them again. Check all of your program's requirements, and maybe make a spreadsheet to help you keep track of what each program wants by when. That should cover it.

On 4/10/2018 at 10:59 AM, Josealga said:

What do you mean by collect experience hours? I already have letters as proof of my experience if that is what you mean.

I mean get them organized. CASPA asks you to document each of your experiences into certain categories, put in supervisor info, hours/weeks worked etc. It's easier to type it all in if you get that all sorted out in one place ahead of time.

Archived