Difficult rotations/ preceptor

So I've received several requests asking me how to handle rotations in which your preceptor or staff may not like you or give you a difficult time.

My biggest advise to this is be yourself and remember : " It's not about you , its about the patient "

It does get hard , but you are there to become a better provider . It's a challenge but try and learn the most you can from that rotation. Even learning how you DON'T want to be  as a provider, how you would want to change things if you were ever a preceptor yourself. 

I have faced uncomfortable situations in rotations and Sometimes it did get hard to deal with it , but I have to remember my end goal which is to become an AMAZING PA , so I'm willing to put in the work and go through the challenges to get me there. 

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  Always focus on your patient 1st and i assure you that will help you face diffult challenges.

Seeing a smile on your patient's face, getting the diagnosis right, being able to help them with their pain those scenarios overcome any challenge you will ever face. 

Melissa Gutierrez MPAS, PA-c 

Archived