Hello!

I was wondering if anyone accepted into this program could share or message their application stats (gpa, HCE...), I want to know whether, if I were to apply in a later cycle I could be considered a competitive applicant. Thank you for reading this and thank you for your time, I appreciate it a lot!

-Maylily7

P.S. I'll put my stats here if ya want to comment on my chances of acceptance: cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5, Dean's List 7/8 semesters (currently in my last semester), about 100 hours volunteering for my school's EMS. I don't have a lot of Patient care hours but I am hoping to take a gap year and work on that. I also hope to retake the GRE to improve my score as well. Again, thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

Hi! I've not been accepted but I am applying this round (2018-2019); however I did find their stats for accepted students. According to this powerpoint presentation they have published (I assume from their open houses), the class of 2018 had the following average statistics: cGPA: 3.50, sGPA: 3.52, GRE quant: 62%,  and GRE verb: 68%. In addition to this, they had a 70% female class with an average age of 26. This powerpoint didn't have the mean amount of HCE hours; however, one from a previous year did— 4,000 hours was the mean for that year. I know they say 1,000 minimum and >1,500 minimum to be competitive. I know that I, personally, do not have anywhere near 4,000 hours. I'm just above 1,500 but not quite 2,000. So we will see I suppose ?‍♀️. I'm planning on submitting in a couple of days (finalizing essays and all that jazz). They seem to work quickly on the applications and interviews from what I've read on previous years. If anything interesting happens, I'll let you know!

• 2 weeks later...

I was offered an interview and here are my stats: GPA 3.69 sGPA:3.68. GRE verbal 161 (86%), Quant 160 (78%) and Writing 5.5 (98%) PCE about 1300 hours at the time of application from varied patient populations, settings, and roles(MA, EMT, ROT). 36 PA shadowing hours. 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:23 PM, danie41495 said:

I was offered an interview and here are my stats: GPA 3.69 sGPA:3.68. GRE verbal 161 (86%), Quant 160 (78%) and Writing 5.5 (98%) PCE about 1300 hours at the time of application from varied patient populations, settings, and roles(MA, EMT, ROT). 36 PA shadowing hours. 

Sorry just seeing this! You have great stats.. similiar to mine. Hoping to hear back soon ? Good luck!! 

• 4 months later...

I've been accepted, here are my stats:

1000 PCE hours at time of application, as a medical assistant and surgical assistant with focus in underserved communities. GPA: 3.77, sGPA: 3.70, ~100 hours of volunteering, ~30 hours of PA shadowing. GRE verbal 164 (94%) GRE Quant 164 (87%) and GRE writing 4.0

Archived