TTUHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, N2018 said:

Anyone receive an interview for late Dec? I saw Feb 4 and was shocked.. I guess there are more? Still haven't heard anything past under review, no interview offer yet. 

I am shocked as well. I see quite a few have bee given an alternate list offer yet are interviewing more students. One would assume they’d go through all interviews before waitlisting or offer those that were waitlisted an offer before interviewing more. Does anyone understand this thinking or strategy to this from the faculty’s perspective? Prior experience? 

Hi everyone! I’m a new accepted student from Cali and honestly this discussion on the forum regarding the program itself is kind of freaking me out. Are there any current/past students who have additional insight to the program? Specifically more on faculty support and how well prepared they felt when the took the PANCE? Did you feel like they had quality clinical rotation sites? Thanks in advance! 

Hi all!  My name is Ashley Bell and I am faculty at the Texas Tech program.  I started here in August 2017, with the class of 2019.  I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.  I can also put you in contact with current students if you wish to hear their perspective.  You can send me an email at Ashley.t.bell@ttuhsc.edu.

• Upvote 2

On 12/13/2018 at 10:10 AM, ABell said:

Hi all!  My name is Ashley Bell and I am faculty at the Texas Tech program.  I started here in August 2017, with the class of 2019.  I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.  I can also put you in contact with current students if you wish to hear their perspective.  You can send me an email at Ashley.t.bell@ttuhsc.edu.

To all future students, please don't be naive. Ms. Bell and the rest of faculty will no doubt deny all previous statements challenging the credibility and ethics of TTUHSC PA program as well as put you in touch with students who they believe will speak positively towards TTU. Reach out to students from past years on facebook and other forms of social media in order to find answers if you are feeling conflicted.   

MODERATOR COMMENT:

this user has violated the TOS with 2 accounts. Sometimes this is overlooked for anonymity reasons, but in this case it was nefarious to elevate the “upvote” status and possible intentionally mislead.

we did verify this user attended Texas tech. The lack of their info in national databases suggests they have not passed pance or obtained PA employment. They currently hold other positions that would suggest they are no longer a student.

This does not invalidate their reports, so their message will be left, but does break down their credibility. 

• Like 1

I am a recent graduate of TTUHSC PA program and my overall experience during the program was okay. I believe you will get what you put into the whole experience. I made lifelong friends and learned what I needed to pass the PANCE. However, after reading the above posts I can say that what has been said is true regarding the "scare tactics" and the ethical issues with certain faculty pretending to be PHD's. 

I didn't know about the lawsuits against TTUHSC but being a public institution I am sure you can find proof of the lawsuits online. I imagine that if asked some of my former classmates will give you positive enforcement with their experiences and some negative but I think all would agree that TTUHSC has their issues.. I agree that students applying to the program should reach out to former and current students. 

MODERATOR COMMENT:

this user has violated the TOS with 2 accounts. Sometimes this is overlooked for anonymity reasons, but in this case it was nefarious to elevate the “upvote” status and possible intentionally mislead.

we did verify this user attended Texas tech. The lack of their info in national data suggests they have not passed pance or obtained PA employment. They currently hold other positions that would suggest they are no longer a student.

This does not invalidate their reports, so their message will be left, but does break down their credibility. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, TexasPA783 said:

As a recent graduate, I can say that the faculty have made major strides in the last year to make needed changes to the program, including removing faculty.  Some of us heard about the lawsuits from previous students who didn't make it through the program because they cheated or failed out, but people will sue for anything.  They give many chances to students.  I was a student who struggled and my advisor and course instructors helped me graduate.  My rotations were all in the Midland/Odessa area with great preceptors. 

There are a couple of people here selfishly complaining and ruining it for those of us who worked hard and are proud to be PAs who graduated from TT.  Don't get sucked into their drama.

Actually, the individuals who are posting these statements are doing the EXACT opposite of whats selfish- and that's looking out for future students by giving non-biased factual information. Are you saying the previous statements regarding scare tactics and ethics are not true? Because denying this is a lie. Everyone knows these things happened and the fact TTUHSC allowed them to happen should bring to question their morals as a program and institution. 

You seem to know a lot about the lawsuits. How do you know the students cheated?  I heard of a group who cheated during didactic but due to not being able to prove it they were allowed to continue the program. That is the only cheating I heard of during my time there. If you know more please share. 

Like I said earlier, some of my former classmates will give you positive enforcement with their experiences and some negative but I think all would agree that TTUHSC has their issues.

MODERATOR COMMENT:

we did verify this user attended Texas tech. They have not graduated based on timeline from admission and lack of their info in national databases. They currently hold other positions that would suggest they are no longer a student.

Edited by LT_Oneal_PAC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 3:26 AM, Ltru90 said:

For those who attended an afternoon interview session, what time did you end up leaving? Will I be able to catch a 6:15 pm flight that same day? 

If I remember correctly I was done around 4 and the tour was optional which kept me there until 5.. so you can definitely make it work but might be cutting it close.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:26 AM, Ltru90 said:

For those who attended an afternoon interview session, what time did you end up leaving? Will I be able to catch a 6:15 pm flight that same day? 

The airport here takes like 45 minutes AT MOST to get through. Plan to bring just your carry on and you'll be fine.