TTUHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

6 minutes ago, PbZeppelin said:

Just to confirm, we are interviewing at their location in Midland, correct?  Not in Lubbock?  For those of us coming from out of state, any recommendations on which airport to fly into and how to get to Midland Texas?  Seems waaaaaay out in the middle of West Texas.

Yes, it is in Midland, TX, and it is way out in West Texas! lol I would recommend flying directly into Midland.  The closest major city with an airport would be Lubbock, and that would be about an 1.5 hour drive into Midland from there.  

On 9/6/2018 at 9:00 AM, PbZeppelin said:

Just to confirm, we are interviewing at their location in Midland, correct?  Not in Lubbock?  For those of us coming from out of state, any recommendations on which airport to fly into and how to get to Midland Texas?  Seems waaaaaay out in the middle of West Texas.

This is straight from their website ? 
The PA program is located on the Midland College campus at 3600 N. Garfield in Midland, Texas. We are in the Dorothy and Todd Aaron Medical Science building on the north side of the campus. If you need assistance please call our main line at (432) 620-1120. A map of the campus and directions are linked below.
When do you interview ? 

You should arrive on campus by approximately 7:45 AM if you are scheduled for a morning interview, and 11:45 AM if you are scheduled for an afternoon interview. During the day, you will have the opportunity to meet PA program faculty and staff, visit with students, tour the PA program building, and if available, observe a class. The beginning of the morning will typically include presentations about the program and financial aid. You will write a short essay, and complete an interview with two members of the admissions committee. There will be some time between activities to visit with faculty, students, and other candidates. You are welcome to depart after your individual interview or stay until the end of the interview process for the day.

It is recommended that you do not schedule return airline flights before 2 PM if you have a morning interview, and before 6 PM if you have an afternoon interview. If it is necessary to have an earlier flight, please notify us of your schedule.

A typical interview day (each candidate's schedule may differ, but will include each of the following activities):

7:30am-7:45am - Arrive at the PA Program for check in
8:00am - Introductions, Information about the program, opportunity to ask questions
8:30am - Individual interview #1
9:00am - Building Tour
9:30am - Individual interview #2
10:00am - Group exercise
10:30am - Lecture (if available)
11:00am - Writing sample

On 9/12/2018 at 9:35 AM, Jbalcazar said:

This is straight from their website ? 
The PA program is located on the Midland College campus at 3600 N. Garfield in Midland, Texas. We are in the Dorothy and Todd Aaron Medical Science building on the north side of the campus. If you need assistance please call our main line at (432) 620-1120. A map of the campus and directions are linked below.
When do you interview ? 

You should arrive on campus by approximately 7:45 AM if you are scheduled for a morning interview, and 11:45 AM if you are scheduled for an afternoon interview. During the day, you will have the opportunity to meet PA program faculty and staff, visit with students, tour the PA program building, and if available, observe a class. The beginning of the morning will typically include presentations about the program and financial aid. You will write a short essay, and complete an interview with two members of the admissions committee. There will be some time between activities to visit with faculty, students, and other candidates. You are welcome to depart after your individual interview or stay until the end of the interview process for the day.

It is recommended that you do not schedule return airline flights before 2 PM if you have a morning interview, and before 6 PM if you have an afternoon interview. If it is necessary to have an earlier flight, please notify us of your schedule.

A typical interview day (each candidate's schedule may differ, but will include each of the following activities):

7:30am-7:45am - Arrive at the PA Program for check in
8:00am - Introductions, Information about the program, opportunity to ask questions
8:30am - Individual interview #1
9:00am - Building Tour
9:30am - Individual interview #2
10:00am - Group exercise
10:30am - Lecture (if available)
11:00am - Writing sample

Question. I have an interview on 10/15 at 11:45AM. Does that mean I have a morning interview slot and should arrive at 7:45AM, or does that mean I have an afternoon interview slot and the 11:45 AM is when I should arrive? Slightly confused over here!! lol 

16 hours ago, ja2011 said:

Question. I have an interview on 10/15 at 11:45AM. Does that mean I have a morning interview slot and should arrive at 7:45AM, or does that mean I have an afternoon interview slot and the 11:45 AM is when I should arrive? Slightly confused over here!! lol 

You have an afternoon slot. They will tell you to get there at 11:30 and you will leave no later than 4pm.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, Jbalcazar said:

Hey, I interviewed in the AM group. I chatted with one of the current students and they daid they received their acceptance email two weeks after the interview...so Monday it is!!! Trust me, I have been refreshing every hour! LOL

-Jennifer 

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the update! Now I won't go crazy checking my email every hour ? I look forward to checking it Monday.  Good luck to everyone!!