But according to US Newsss...
https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/physician-assistant
Surprisingly, we took over the NP spot from last year.
Per the doximity article:

"PA comes in at #25 for Best Jobs in America according to Glassdoor. The report ranks jobs based on three factors: number of job openings, salary and job satisfaction. Not quite as good as #3 according to the U.S. World and News report, but still a good ranking...According to the report the median base salary for PAs was $104,000 and there are 5,517 job openings.

“This report highlights jobs that stand out across three key factors: earning potential, hiring demand and job satisfaction. In particular for job satisfaction, our research shows that higher pay is statistically linked to higher satisfaction, but the impact is actually small. Money can buy happiness, but other workplace factors actually have a larger impact on your overall satisfaction — including culture and values, career opportunities and the quality of senior leadership..."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

But according to US Newsss...

https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/physician-assistant

Surprisingly, we took over the NP spot from last year.

Per the doximity article:

"PA comes in at #25 for Best Jobs in America according to Glassdoor. The report ranks jobs based on three factors: number of job openings, salary and job satisfaction. Not quite as good as #3 according to the U.S. World and News report, but still a good ranking...According to the report the median base salary for PAs was $104,000 and there are 5,517 job openings.

“This report highlights jobs that stand out across three key factors: earning potential, hiring demand and job satisfaction. In particular for job satisfaction, our research shows that higher pay is statistically linked to higher satisfaction, but the impact is actually small. Money can buy happiness, but other workplace factors actually have a larger impact on your overall satisfaction — including culture and values, career opportunities and the quality of senior leadership..."

So the #25 ranking is in ALL jobs and apparently based on Glassdoor.com which gathers info from PAs who post their salaries and gripes. US News states it is the 2nd best Healthcare Job and is based on AAPA satisfaction criteria from PAs. Both I think are bias prone (Glassdoor PAs griping about their jobs and AAPA respondents may be a small sample size of PAs etc).

Either way these rankings are arbitrary... If you look on this board, just post titles alone, one might be led to think we are the WORST job ever created lol

Archived