I am currently a junior in undergrad and will be applying to PA school (probably) in 2 maybe 3 years. I have a bad past as I entered college not knowing what I wanted to do, and only took 3 science classes and have two FW’s and a C. So since then I’ve transferred and done better at university. However if you’re looking at my overall cumulative which caspa will do it is still low because i got my associates with mostly C’s. 

Now I’ve shadowed, know exactly what I want to do, and actually study and put in effort. I admit I really screwed up at the beginning. My question is looking for PA schools that take an upward trend into consideration. I calculated my science gpa and by time i took 11 more classes (mostly prerequisites, i could possibly has a 3.0-3.2 science gpa. This is just the minimum and what I’m looking for is advice on what others have experienced and what schools to look into. I have heard many success stories about people who turned it around and did great. I’m just extremely nervous for myself as this is something I want so badly now. I’ll have hce also but what I’m mostly asking for is:

1. List of PA schools that look at upward trend.

2. Have you experienced this and what school, how many did you apply to, etc. anything that will help give me hope during this time! Thank you!

57 minutes ago, Sean1994 said:

1. List of PA schools that look at upward trend.

There are 200ish programs in the U.S. and I don't think anyone on this forum is going to go through those and compile a list of schools that consider trending.  I would first look up where you would not mind living, then look for schools in the state/area, then read about the schools.  Some schools consider most recent credit hours and some do not.  These schools offer information about their programs if you request it off their webpage or go to a scheduled in-person session.  

57 minutes ago, Sean1994 said:

2. Have you experienced this and what school, how many did you apply to, etc. anything that will help give me hope during this time!

Careful of making these kinds of lists.  None of the schools I applied to mentioned that they consider trending.  I do not think I even applied to schools that considered most recent credit hours.  I applied to schools that I wanted to go to because of personal reasons and their reputation.  I had a GPA at the lower end of the spectrum, but was accepted to PA school and the very same program has rejected individuals with significantly higher GPAs than my own.  Indicating that GPA is not the only thing that is considered.  Check out the acceptance stats page and look through there to make a list.  The thing to keep in mind is what I mentioned a few sentences ago.  Good luck : )

Archived