AACC Class of '08

Guest ascnim

Guest ascnim

Calling all students starting in May '06 at Anne Arundel....anyone out there?

Also.....AACC alumni are encouraged to visit/comment/offer sage advice, etc. Actually, any practicing PA, any current student of any program, program director, faculty etc. is more than welcome to chime in. We just have to get the conversations rolling......

I look forward to 'meeting' you (plural) :) I, for one, am just a wee bit excited.

Yes, same Amy :) Awesome! It's fun to know someone already -- and I'm happy we're classmates.

Group 'awwwwwwwwwww'

I guess it is safe to say I'm still just excited to have gotten accepted. The nervousness is there time to time. How are you feeling?

I'd offer up more constructive topics, alas, only orientation will answer my fifty-zillion (yes, that many) questions.

Thanks - that is very high on my 'to-do' list. Appt with the PCP next week - not looking forward to the tetanus update. On the plus side, the multi-physician practice he belongs to is beginning to hire PAs and he is a big PA advocate. Good for future reference.

Hmmm, 43 views as of tonight but no more AACC folks? Guess we'll get busier on this thread when there is more to talk about than "I got accepted, yippee!" and "Now I'm nervous". Til then.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest samyu_here

Just received a confirmation saying I got accepted, still on cloud nine about it...but nice to see my fellow classmates already on here...Have a lot of questions :) but just gona enjoy today with this news and not worry too much yet. BTW I will be moving from AL. Nice to meet you guys (Amy, Jared & Hayden)

Good for you samyu! It's good to 'see' another classmate here.

If you need any assistance/advice about the area, I'll share what I know. Just send me a message here and we'll get the ball rolling for you.

C U in May:D

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your acceptance to AACC! It is not a small feat to be selected from a pool of over 200 applicants.

Soon, you will receive a letter inviting you to the May "New Class" orientation. This will take place 2-3 weeks before classes start. This is a one day orientation in which you will get a chance to meet everyone in your class, register, and get oriented on what is to come for the next two years.

Take advantage of the next couple of months and enjoy your "free" time, as you are about to embark on an exiting new journey.

Luis A. Ramos, MS. PA-C

AACC Program Director

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ascnim

"...you can visit our web site at www.aacc.edu/physassist for general information. Please visit the FAQs section, as you will find a large amount of information about the program and the admission's process." - Mr. Ramos's new thread re: 2006 Admission's Information.

Even if you are past the application process, I think the FAQ section is interesting. I'd recommend visiting it to see PANCE pass rates and to gather a little info on AACC's technology requirements.

**thanks to the Moderator for making us a Sticky

• 1 month later...
Guest mcorbett

I enjoyed meeting you guys today! I was the one talking about the "special" rotation this summer, as well as other things. You're all in for quite a ride!

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer what I can.

Michael

Guest ascnim

Thanks, Mike!

It was great to meet all of you (that's plural for 1st yrs, 2nd yrs, and the new kids like me). I was the one in the third row that looked like this :eek:

And I always wondered if there were current AACC students on this forum!

Thanks for the offer of answering questions. You may get more than you want :)

Best of luck as you enter your clinical year!

-Amy

Guest ascnim

Just a thought....

If any current AACC PA student has texts that he/she would like to sell to incoming class of '08, I suspect there could be some folks who would take him/her up on the offer.

Books for us, $$$ for you :) Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dochlywd

Hey guys, Lou here

2 weeks down 110 to go :)....How did you guys like todays test?

I am available to answer any questions or help that anyone needs, I don't claim to be an expert and know I have alot to learn, however, 25 yers of EMS experience as a paramedic has exposed me to alot of situations.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and participating in this unique and privileged educational experience.

BTW I found a web site that sells reference pocket cards i.e. H&P, EKG interpretation, Vision exam, etc. If interested, let me know and I will get that info to you.

See ya on Monday....Have a great weekend.

Guest ascnim

Hi Lou, good to see you here. I'd comment on the exam but I know we have a few folks who haven't taken it yet (at least as of Friday).

This exam wasn't so bad for me because of my background but I have a feeling you are going to kick our collective rear-ends on EKGs. Now, that's not my comfort zone. I'm glad you've got so much experience -- hopefully you can help us out :)

See you in the mornin'!

-Amy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eychang

Hey all!

Emerson here finally. Haven't been around the forums much, this is like 1 of 8 forums I'm in, the other 7 being non-educational related *_*

See y'all in class in about 1 hour 20 mins

Guest ascnim

Emerson - great to see you here. Though our class has not done much more than say 'hi' to each other on this site, I think it is great that we're beginning to show up on here.

I've found this site to be truly educational -- you really get a feel for what's happening in the real PA world, what other PA students are experiencing, advice for surviving PA school, great software links and case studies (check out cases by rcdavis and emedpa). It really is a community affair.

Anyhoo, it's 11:30pm and back to that take-home assessment. How's that for a rockin' Friday night? :p See you Monday!

-Amy

• 1 month later...
Guest ascnim

4 more academic days to go in our first semester....how amazing is that?!

Granted, in the big picture view, one semester down is small fries....but I think surviving the very first semester as a PA student is a real accomplishment. Can't wait to learn some medicine now!!!

So, just an early congrats to AACC '08 for working together so well through this experience. Townhouse living is right around the corner ;) (inside AACC '08 silly joke).

Good luck on your H&P and ECG finals!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I am looking at possibly going to AACC for the PA program. What degrees did you guys get? I have a B.A in criminal justice, 2 classes away from my M.B.A but having been in the Navy as a dental technician, I believe this is the best route for me. Please any assistance would greatly be appreciated. Please feel free to email me...I gues through here. I am really really really really interested and I am doing everything right now to get all the required things.....How old are you guys? I am going to be 30 by 2010...that sucks how time just moves so quickly....is this normal...30?

Archived