Pacific University 2018-19 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, jamland said:

No, I'm flying in from Colorado! I'll be in Friday morning. Are you?

Oh awesome! I live about an hour and a half south from Forest Grove but I’m very familiar with the Portland area. I’m trying to get work off that Friday so I can go up there Friday as well. If I do I’d love to meet up with you and anyone else interviewing that day! Feel free to ask me any questions about the area if you have any ? congrats on the interview! 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ham655 said:

Does anybody know if interviews are still going out for the December interview? I noticed some rejections went out today, so I am wondering if there is still hope for some. Or if there is possibly another interview date that was added.

I am in the same boat as you. My friend was denied today, but I still haven't heard anything. Hopefully we will receive an invitation very soon, but I suspect that we are on a waitlist to interview in case people deny the interview invite. 

• Administrator

So, just to add some perspective, I interview when I can for Pacific's program, which has been four years since my graduation in 2012.  Here's my take on how things are, based on my interviewing folks on October 20th.  No spoilers, no secrets will be disclosed, and CERTAINLY not any applicant info, but here goes...

1) Oh my goodness! There are like triple the number applications vs. when I was admitted (2009-2010 cycle), and only about 1/3 more seats than we had.  The program has grown numerically far less than it has in desirability, apparently.

2) Everyone had astounding GPAs. I would likely not have gotten an interview in this cohort, and I felt the same thing when I interviewed in 2016 as well.

3) Every single candidate was professional, interviewed well, and I would be happy to precept any one of them and call them my colleagues eventually.

It's a tragedy of riches, really, because there are SO MANY excellent candidates, not just on paper but personable folks with good poise, thoughtful responses to questions.  The questions at this point aren't so much "in" or "out" but rather "In what order shall we rank this treasure trove of thoughtful prospective PAs, who have worked hard for years to get here?"

If you didn't get an interview invite, I'm sorry.  Like I said, I probably wouldn't have this year either.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:24 PM, knguyen554 said:

Just received my denial email ??‍♀️

Good luck to the rest of you guys ??

On 10/29/2018 at 1:56 PM, NicoleJo said:

Just got my denial letter as well! I didn’t interview and wasn’t expecting an interview considering everyone else’s stats! Best of luck everyone! ?

On 10/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, missroux said:

Rejected as well. Good luck to everyone ?

On 10/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, zvlag said:

Received a rejection email earlier today, good luck to the rest of you all! ? 

Do you guys mind sharing when you were complete with Pacific?

Archived