NussPA31

Pacific University 2018-19 Application Cycle

I was just offered an interview on 10/20!

A little surprised because I would have assumed that seats were filled for this date, but excited to be attending. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, hmtpnw said:

A little surprised because I would have assumed that seats were filled for this date, but excited to be attending. 

When did you submit/verified?

40 minutes ago, ham655 said:

When did you submit/verified?

I was complete with Pacific on 8/9. I don’t believe that submission times play a significant role (or possibly even any role) in admissions as they don’t utilize a rolling process. 

Edited by hmtpnw
  • Like 1

I got 3 interviews so far one being from Pacific. I applied to 20 schools so ensure an interview. Does anyone know the style or questions asked for the interview at Pacific? 

The interview day is busy and exciting! They want you to interview them as much as they are interviewing you.

You will be split up into color-coded groups lead by a current student ambassador who is responsible for helping and directing you all throughout the day.

Every group is rotated to different lecture halls to hear about the program details, financial aid, etc. You will also have a student panel during which you can ask us all your burning questions :)

The interview itself is very relaxed. 2 interviewers per interviewee. You have the opportunity to ask them questions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Is it just the one interview that will be conducted? Or are there multiple stages of interviewing?

Just the one!

18 hours ago, KBPA88 said:

Just the one!

Thank you! Excited to be there Oct. 20!

On 10/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, hmtpnw said:

I am interviewing the same day! Super excited to visit Oregon, I am from New Mexico. Are you flying from out of town as well?

4 hours ago, Idamin said:

I am interviewing the same day! Super excited to visit Oregon, I am from New Mexico. Are you flying from out of town as well?

Congratulations! I live in Portland, so I’m local. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gowiththeflow said:

Anyone that applied later in June heard back for an interview yet?

I applied mid August and was offered an interview for 10/20. 

3 hours ago, mobando said:

Haven't heard anything back yet. Applied and verified in June. This is my 2nd attempt.

On 10/9/2018 at 3:41 PM, gowiththeflow said:

Anyone that applied later in June heard back for an interview yet?

I was complete with Pacific on 8/8 and I received an interview invite for 11/10 while it seemed like most people were still being invited to the 10/20 date. I wouldn't be discouraged as it seems like the date of submission has little to do with when an invite is extended or for which interview day. Good luck! 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, KBPA88 said:

Congratulations! I remember that was an amazing feeling! If you have any questions at all please feel free to reach out emoji4.png

FYI for everyone else: the interview dates this year are October 20th, November 10th and December 1st.

Hey! I noticed earlier in the thread you had mentioned that Pacific typically does two interviews in November and one in December. Are they still offering two  sessions for November this year or just the one on 11/10?

Thank you!

• Like 1

Hey! I noticed earlier in the thread you had mentioned that Pacific typically does two interviews in November and one in December. Are they still offering two  sessions for November this year or just the one on 11/10?
Thank you!

Just the November 10th date this year :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SimonNewmanPA said:

Received an invite for 11/10. Will not be attending so I hope someone gets the spot! ?

What were your stats and verification date?

6 hours ago, KBPA88 said:

Just the November 10th date this year ?

What are the interview dates this cycle? 

Has anyone received any rejections? I am patiently waiting for a possible interview, and I am starting to lose hope after two interview sessions being sent out. I am just wondering when they will begin rejecting with only one interview date left.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, ham655 said:

Has anyone received any rejections? I am patiently waiting for a possible interview, and I am starting to lose hope after two interview sessions being sent out. I am just wondering when they will begin rejecting with only one interview date left.

Don't lose hope yet! I got my interview invite on October 17th last year for the November date.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scribekick said:

Don't lose hope yet! I got my interview invite on October 17th last year for the November date.

Thank you! I am just out of state with a 3.9 GPA, and I am not sure how they are with out of state applicants.. but most people who have been receiving interviews with 4.0s. I am just starting to become concerned because I want an answer either way.

1 minute ago, ham655 said:

Thank you! I am just out of state with a 3.9 GPA, and I am not sure how they are with out of state applicants.. but most people who have been receiving interviews with 4.0s. I am just starting to become concerned because I want an answer either way.

Pacific does not give preference to Oregon residents!