1 minute ago, ham655 said:

Thank you! I am just out of state with a 3.9 GPA, and I am not sure how they are with out of state applicants.. but most people who have been receiving interviews with 4.0s. I am just starting to become concerned because I want an answer either way.

Pacific does not give preference to Oregon residents! 

8 hours ago, ham655 said:

Thank you! I am just out of state with a 3.9 GPA, and I am not sure how they are with out of state applicants.. but most people who have been receiving interviews with 4.0s. I am just starting to become concerned because I want an answer either way.

There's a good chunk of our 2020 cohort that are from out of state so I wouldn't say that whether or not you're a resident plays a huge role in whether or not you get an interview. GPA isn't everything they look at,  my overall GPA was 3.21 and my sGPA was 3.37 but my last 42 units out of 45 was 4.0 which included almost all my prereqs for PA school. Keep in mind that my stats may not reflect what their minimum cut off may be this year, but my point is that admissions really do look at your application as a whole when inviting applicants to interviews. I was a second time applicant and accepted 4 days after my interview. Waiting can be nerve wrecking but keep your spirits up! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

There's a good chunk of our 2020 cohort that are from out of state so I wouldn't say that whether or not you're a resident plays a huge role in whether or not you get an interview. GPA isn't everything they look at,  my overall GPA was 3.21 and my sGPA was 3.37 but my last 42 units out of 45 was 4.0 which included almost all my prereqs for PA school. Keep in mind that my stats may not reflect what their minimum cut off may be this year, but my point is that admissions really do look at your application as a whole when inviting applicants to interviews. I was a second time applicant and accepted 4 days after my interview. Waiting can be nerve wrecking but keep your spirits up! 

I second this! I’m from the east coast so from my perspective distance is not a factor. I was still offered and interview and accepted.

I was a first time applicant last year and my overall GPA was 3.10 with a cumulative sGPA of 3.80. I had a 3.92 for my 53 post-baccalaureate credits that fulfilled the prerequisite requirements but like scribekick said your GPA is just a piece if a much larger puzzle. Think if everything that goes into your application! Your direct patient care, your personal statement, letters of recommendation etc. then finally the actual interview itself.....they really look at it all!

Our class is a spectrum of students with all different backgrounds and strengths so don’t discredit your hard work and stay optimistic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KBPA88 said:

I second this! I’m from the east coast so from my perspective distance is not a factor. I was still offered and interview and accepted.

I was a first time applicant last year and my overall GPA was 3.10 with a cumulative sGPA of 3.80. I had a 3.92 for my 53 post-baccalaureate credits that fulfilled the prerequisite requirements but like scribekick said your GPA is just a piece if a much larger puzzle. Think if everything that goes into your application! Your direct patient care, your personal statement, letters of recommendation etc. then finally the actual interview itself.....they really look at it all!

Our class is a spectrum of students with all different backgrounds and strengths so don’t discredit your hard work and stay optimistic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the uplifting perspectives. I do have a question.. Do you recommend emailing Leah about where your application stands, or is it just best to wait?

I think it is best to wait. I know anticipation is the worst but they have a lot of applications to go through so its best to trust the process and distract yourself as best you can! 

Edited by KBPA88

After receiving an acceptance at another program I have decided to decline my spot at the 10/20 interview. Hopefully they offer it to someone that can make it on Saturday!

Good luck to you all. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone happen to know how many more interview sessions they will be having/have yet to send out invites for? trying to brace myself if i need to prepare for disappointment?

Also, to the current students on here, in your cohort would you say there are a large number of people accepted from each interview, or the laster the interview, the lesser chance you have of getting a spot? And how many students seem to be accepted off the alternate list? 

11 hours ago, trying2bapa said:

Does anyone happen to know how many more interview sessions they will be having/have yet to send out invites for? trying to brace myself if i need to prepare for disappointment?

Also, to the current students on here, in your cohort would you say there are a large number of people accepted from each interview, or the laster the interview, the lesser chance you have of getting a spot? And how many students seem to be accepted off the alternate list? 

There are three sessions in total. This Saturday, November 10th, and December 1st. Interview invites are ongoing so I wouldn’t assume “the worst”.  As far as last year each interview there was a certain number they aim to accept and a number they place on “committee hold”. This is a question they will elaborate on during the interview session. 

Committee hold means that the next interview session after yours they will place you in that pool of interviewees as well and you maybe offered a spot at that time depending on where you fall in that group. Then after all the interview sessions there is  a final waitlist that is ranked by number. Again, this will be something that will be explained far better than I can on interview day. Every year is different so I it wouldn’t be accurate for disclose specfic numbers for this time around. 

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:24 PM, Haleyb18 said:

Does anyone know how soon after the interview dates theygive an answer either way? 

I interviewed on Saturday and they told us we would hear back by the end of the week!

• Like 1

I interviewed on Saturday and they told us we would hear back by the end of the week!
(According to what has happened in the past)
Those offered a seat should get a phone call and or email around the Wednesday after their interview date

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTNPA said:

(According to what has happened in the past)
Those offered a seat should get a phone call and or email around the Wednesday after their interview date

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm super excited to hear back! I really like everything about the program and going there in person just confirmed that!