Pacific University 2018-19 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, KBPA88 said:

I second this! I’m from the east coast so from my perspective distance is not a factor. I was still offered and interview and accepted.

I was a first time applicant last year and my overall GPA was 3.10 with a cumulative sGPA of 3.80. I had a 3.92 for my 53 post-baccalaureate credits that fulfilled the prerequisite requirements but like scribekick said your GPA is just a piece if a much larger puzzle. Think if everything that goes into your application! Your direct patient care, your personal statement, letters of recommendation etc. then finally the actual interview itself.....they really look at it all!

Our class is a spectrum of students with all different backgrounds and strengths so don’t discredit your hard work and stay optimistic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the uplifting perspectives. I do have a question.. Do you recommend emailing Leah about where your application stands, or is it just best to wait?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone happen to know how many more interview sessions they will be having/have yet to send out invites for? trying to brace myself if i need to prepare for disappointment?

Also, to the current students on here, in your cohort would you say there are a large number of people accepted from each interview, or the laster the interview, the lesser chance you have of getting a spot? And how many students seem to be accepted off the alternate list? 

11 hours ago, trying2bapa said:

Does anyone happen to know how many more interview sessions they will be having/have yet to send out invites for? trying to brace myself if i need to prepare for disappointment?

Also, to the current students on here, in your cohort would you say there are a large number of people accepted from each interview, or the laster the interview, the lesser chance you have of getting a spot? And how many students seem to be accepted off the alternate list? 

There are three sessions in total. This Saturday, November 10th, and December 1st. Interview invites are ongoing so I wouldn’t assume “the worst”.  As far as last year each interview there was a certain number they aim to accept and a number they place on “committee hold”. This is a question they will elaborate on during the interview session. 

Committee hold means that the next interview session after yours they will place you in that pool of interviewees as well and you maybe offered a spot at that time depending on where you fall in that group. Then after all the interview sessions there is  a final waitlist that is ranked by number. Again, this will be something that will be explained far better than I can on interview day. Every year is different so I it wouldn’t be accurate for disclose specfic numbers for this time around. 

I interviewed on Saturday and they told us we would hear back by the end of the week!
(According to what has happened in the past)
Those offered a seat should get a phone call and or email around the Wednesday after their interview date

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RTNPA said:

(According to what has happened in the past)
Those offered a seat should get a phone call and or email around the Wednesday after their interview date

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I'm super excited to hear back! I really like everything about the program and going there in person just confirmed that!

For those who are wondering how long they may take to get back after the interview, the guideline is 6 days. I interviewed 10/19, Friday and got placed on committee hold 10/24, Wednesday. I think this was pretty quick, but ideally, they said to wait until that Friday after the interview. 

For those who are wondering what a committee hold is: It means they will reassess your application after every interview and may offer an acceptance at that time. If not, at the end of the interview process, you get placed on a rank. 

Archived