Pacific University 2018-19 Application Cycle

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got 3 interviews so far one being from Pacific. I applied to 20 schools so ensure an interview. Does anyone know the style or questions asked for the interview at Pacific? 

The interview day is busy and exciting! They want you to interview them as much as they are interviewing you.

You will be split up into color-coded groups lead by a current student ambassador who is responsible for helping and directing you all throughout the day.

Every group is rotated to different lecture halls to hear about the program details, financial aid, etc. You will also have a student panel during which you can ask us all your burning questions :)

The interview itself is very relaxed. 2 interviewers per interviewee. You have the opportunity to ask them questions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, hmtpnw said:

I was just offered an interview on 10/20!

A little surprised because I would have assumed that seats were filled for this date, but excited to be attending. 

I am interviewing the same day! Super excited to visit Oregon, I am from New Mexico. Are you flying from out of town as well?

3 hours ago, mobando said:

Haven't heard anything back yet. Applied and verified in June. This is my 2nd attempt.

On 10/9/2018 at 3:41 PM, gowiththeflow said:

Anyone that applied later in June heard back for an interview yet?

I was complete with Pacific on 8/8 and I received an interview invite for 11/10 while it seemed like most people were still being invited to the 10/20 date. I wouldn't be discouraged as it seems like the date of submission has little to do with when an invite is extended or for which interview day. Good luck! 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, KBPA88 said:

Congratulations! I remember that was an amazing feeling! If you have any questions at all please feel free to reach out emoji4.png

FYI for everyone else: the interview dates this year are October 20th, November 10th and December 1st.

Hey! I noticed earlier in the thread you had mentioned that Pacific typically does two interviews in November and one in December. Are they still offering two  sessions for November this year or just the one on 11/10?

Thank you!

Hey! I noticed earlier in the thread you had mentioned that Pacific typically does two interviews in November and one in December. Are they still offering two  sessions for November this year or just the one on 11/10?
Thank you!

Just the November 10th date this year :)

On 10/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, ham655 said:

Has anyone received any rejections? I am patiently waiting for a possible interview, and I am starting to lose hope after two interview sessions being sent out. I am just wondering when they will begin rejecting with only one interview date left.

Don't lose hope yet! I got my interview invite on October 17th last year for the November date.

2 hours ago, scribekick said:

Don't lose hope yet! I got my interview invite on October 17th last year for the November date.

Thank you! I am just out of state with a 3.9 GPA, and I am not sure how they are with out of state applicants.. but most people who have been receiving interviews with 4.0s. I am just starting to become concerned because I want an answer either way.

1 minute ago, ham655 said:

Thank you! I am just out of state with a 3.9 GPA, and I am not sure how they are with out of state applicants.. but most people who have been receiving interviews with 4.0s. I am just starting to become concerned because I want an answer either way.

Pacific does not give preference to Oregon residents! 

8 hours ago, ham655 said:

There's a good chunk of our 2020 cohort that are from out of state so I wouldn't say that whether or not you're a resident plays a huge role in whether or not you get an interview. GPA isn't everything they look at,  my overall GPA was 3.21 and my sGPA was 3.37 but my last 42 units out of 45 was 4.0 which included almost all my prereqs for PA school. Keep in mind that my stats may not reflect what their minimum cut off may be this year, but my point is that admissions really do look at your application as a whole when inviting applicants to interviews. I was a second time applicant and accepted 4 days after my interview. Waiting can be nerve wrecking but keep your spirits up! 

There's a good chunk of our 2020 cohort that are from out of state so I wouldn't say that whether or not you're a resident plays a huge role in whether or not you get an interview. GPA isn't everything they look at,  my overall GPA was 3.21 and my sGPA was 3.37 but my last 42 units out of 45 was 4.0 which included almost all my prereqs for PA school. Keep in mind that my stats may not reflect what their minimum cut off may be this year, but my point is that admissions really do look at your application as a whole when inviting applicants to interviews. I was a second time applicant and accepted 4 days after my interview. Waiting can be nerve wrecking but keep your spirits up! 

I second this! I’m from the east coast so from my perspective distance is not a factor. I was still offered and interview and accepted.

I was a first time applicant last year and my overall GPA was 3.10 with a cumulative sGPA of 3.80. I had a 3.92 for my 53 post-baccalaureate credits that fulfilled the prerequisite requirements but like scribekick said your GPA is just a piece if a much larger puzzle. Think if everything that goes into your application! Your direct patient care, your personal statement, letters of recommendation etc. then finally the actual interview itself.....they really look at it all!

Our class is a spectrum of students with all different backgrounds and strengths so don’t discredit your hard work and stay optimistic :)

Archived